Work with engineers and others as assigned to develop computer generated product models and components in support of target goals and objectives. Review design concepts through prototype, pre-pilot and pilot builds. Work with engineer and manufacturing to ensure that designs meet defined guidelines. Guide, train and develop more junior personnel in the skills and details of the industry and company requirements; Apply sound engineering knowledge and design logic and judgment to create innovative solutions to design issues; Assume role as Designer on multiple projects with the ability to maintain administrative duties as well as design and drafting with general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create conceptual parts and assemblies using CATIA, CAD/CAE application software.
- Apply advanced techniques in 3D & 2D complex designs and assignments using the latest standards and codes.
- Ability to multitask.
- Analyze assembly representations for fit, function, interference and efficiency of design.
- Check other designer’s work during the processing of ECNs to ensure that CAD and drafting standards are being followed.
- Create file conversions as required from CATIA- CAD data, i.e. iges, dxf, stl, and pdf formats.
- Perform 3D layouts working under the guidance of a project or product engineer.
- Participate in prototype builds for design verification.
- Associates Degree in a technical curriculum from an accredited school preferred
- Thorough knowledge of drafting standards and their application with a minimum of 5 years experience using 3D modeling and design software to create new designs and production drawings.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.
- Microsoft office.
- Strong understanding of sheet metal workbook is a plus.
- Knowledge of dimensioning and geometric tolerances (GD&T).