for creating conceptual designs and lay-outs on CAD/CAE system utilizing solid
modeling and surfacing technology.
Work with engineers and others as assigned to develop computer generated product models and components in support of target goals and objectives. Apply sound engineering knowledge, design logic and judgment to create innovative solutions to design issues. Review design concepts through prototype, pre-pilot and pilot builds. Work with engineer and manufacturing to ensure that designs meet defined guidelines.
- Create conceptual parts and assemblies using CAD/CAE application software.
- Analyze assembly representations for fit, function, interference and efficiency of design.
- Check other designer’s work during the processing of ECNs to ensure that CAD and drafting standards are being followed.
- Multitask on several projects at once.
- Create file conversions as required from CAD data, i.e. iges, dxf, stl, and pdf formats.
- Perform 3D layouts working under the guidance of a project or product engineer.
- Design new components and systems utilizing 3D CAD modeling techniques under the direction of a product or project engineer.
- Participate in prototype builds for design verification
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a technical curriculum from an accredited school and at least 3 to 5 years of CAD experience using 3D modeling and design software to create new designs and production drawings.
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T, drafting standards and their application.
- Thorough understanding of engineering, manufacturing and assembly principles.