CAD Designer – Master Assembly - Architecture
A person in this position is responsible for the master assembly management of Global Single door and Top Freezer products into the global marketplace. Must coordinate with cross functional team among R&D module teams and lead all CAD design activities. This include setting up top level master assembly skeleton for specific architecture or NPD project using Electrolux Global CAD standards. Must be capable of working autonomously while maintaining timely communications between global and local R&D module design teams as well as respective Product Integrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
creation and governance of overbuilt CAD assemblies according to the
defined architecture. This includes:
-Create and maintain parametric architecture layouts, large overbuilt subassemblies, module variant assemblies and Configurable CAD assemblies.
-Implement and maintain options assigned to module variants.
-Drive adherence to Electrolux design and CAD standards; partner with CAD team to ensure robustness and parametricity.
creation and governance of configurable BOMs according to the defined
architecture. This includes:
-Support the platform system architect in translating the conceptual architecture model into Architecture Layouts and Configurable EBOMs.
-Establish and maintain traceability between Configurable EBOMs and Configurable CAD.
Architecture owner/product integrator for the designated Platform
-To lead and define master assembly skeleton and interfaces in CAD environment.
-To lead and define new Architectures / Module variant CAD design requirement.
-To maintain master assemblies of the architecture structure and number of architectures.
- Assist the Global and Local R&D module teams with the development and maintain master assembly throughout the product development cycle including scoping and designing from concept to production.
- Support deploy CAD level modular design methodology keeping interface common across multiple architecture in different product category.
- Act as CAD Interface with the product integrator and R&D module teams to effectively coordinate CAD activities between R&D, group Manufacturing, Purchasing and Product Line.
- Act as CAD designer for certain parts/ sub-assemblies/ assemblies from concept to production.
- Conduct and or support 2D and 3D tolerance stack up analysis for the designated architecture or platform project.
- Act as 2D Drawing checker for R&D module teams required for project execution and check points gates.
- Provide CAD representation for items such as technical specifications, test plans (DVR), DFMEA, DFM/DFA&A, etc.
- Ensure the timely reporting of progress of engineering project documentation (ECN’s, BOM’s, DVR plans and results).
- To help define, maintain, and report progress of part-by-part list along with product integrator and module teams.
- To help define, maintain, and report progress of sample parts availability along with product integrator and module teams for multiple fully functional prototype (FFP) and Design Validation (DVT) built.
- Act as support to group manufacturing (NPI ) team to define product part and process at specific manufacturing location.
- Participate in Architecture roadmap and modular roadmap forum.
- Participate in Master assembly maintenance forum to come up with continuous improvement process for architectures.
- Associate Degree with minimum of 3+ years of experience in CAD area or 5+ years CAD experience in a large industry
- Advanced CAD skills. (Maintaining large assemblies, top-down design with skeletons)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficiency with CAD software - Catia V5 preferred or similar
- Teamcenter or PLM experience as a plus
- Must be capable of reviewing mechanical components, assemblies, and drawings from concept up to final release in CAD environment.
- Experience with setting up master assembly skeleton using planes, lines, and coordinate system
- Understand structure of Part-by-part list; Engineering Bill of Material (BOM)
- Able to work with Microsoft Suite- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Project
- Able to work with Global team members
- Ability to generate CAD representation of multiple engineering and aesthetic specifications.
- Excellent analytical skills for interpreting data and test reports.
- Experience with factory process.
- Experience facilitating effective communication across teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. Occasionally, small hand tools and rotary tools are required to evaluate design fit and finish. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may occasionally be involved and/or coordinate benchmarking and teardowns activities since planning until execution and data elaboration. The employee may occasionally move or assist with the moving of fully built refrigerators via hand trucks or by rolling along the ground. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to view a computer monitor as well as work safely in a manufacturing environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a variety of product development environments. Laboratory and prototyping facilities are used daily in supporting development, as is a high-volume manufacturing floor for design and process reference. During certain product development phases, the individual will be required to support product builds in a manufacturing environment. Manufacturing areas can be in Anderson, SC, Juarez, Mexico and Rayong, Thailand among others.
This position requires extensive communication with internal departments, external customers and vendors, and our global partners in product development. Travel to vendor, customer, and manufacturing locations is required. These locations are within the US and international. Travel during a given year is approximately 15% on average.