CAE/CFD Innovation Engineer
Electrolux’s company purpose, “Shape living for the better”, expresses our commitment to offer our customers
better experiences with our products. To make the difference, we want to develop innovative and sustainable
home appliances. Global Connectivity & Technology plays a key role in delivering on Electrolux’s strategy and
impacts all areas of the company’s business model.
If you’re a dynamic CAE/CFD engineer, passionate about simulations and with a strong drive for digital
transformation, join our newly created Simulation Competence Center. You’ll be working in an international,
cross-functional growing team leading CFD, FEM, EMAG, and System engineering simulations with the goal of
delivering better product experiences faster and with improved quality.
The role is based in North America but demands a close interaction with different GC&T and R&D teams, which
are located in all the global business areas (NA, LA, EU, APAC-MEA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creation, validation, use, and deployment of CFD models to improve technology and speed-up product
- Implement DOE, optimization and statistical analysis tools
- Contribute to technology roadmapping
- Drive technical activities in the CAE/CFD field to guarantee proper deliverables, timing, reporting, risk
- Define specifications and drawings for prototype creation
- Support to design, preparation and execution of experimental testing
- Generate and maintain CAD models
- Closely interact with and maintain strong links to the GC&T Simulation Competence Center to ensure a
seamless and integrated delivery of project our portfolio and overall simulation strategy.
- Work and collaborate in an international environment within Electrolux CAE simulation community
(global and regional simulation expert teams, users, designers, project leaders and managers).
- Masters Degree (M.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field, PhD/post degree in
Thermofluids and/or CAE field is a plus.
- Strong competence on thermal fluids, and heat and mass transfer
- Proven expertise of CFD CAE technology (Star-CCM+ preferred)
- Expertise with 3D CAD (CATIA preferred)
- Experience with project management (resources, timing, reporting…)
- Knowledge of statistics, DOE, optimization and quality tools
- Knowledge of FEM and structural analysis tools
- Knowledge of Model Based Design, System modelling
- Knowledge of activities management
- Knowledge of experimental analysis in thermo-flow characterization
- Proficient with relevant office IT and SW tools
- Soft skills in collaboration and team working.
- Quickly adapt to emerging priorities while keeping the strategic direction
- Fluent English.