Category and Product Manager
Luton, United Kingdom
TELL THE STORIES THAT PUT ELECTROLUX AT HEART OF HOMES AROUND THE WORLD
Electrolux is a successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environmental awareness govern all that we do. Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
YOUR MAIN TASKS:
Objectives of the Role:
The Local Product Manager (LPM) is responsible for optimizing the product range management for their specified product area. The Product Manager is expected to drive the local product range for this area in alignment with the business strategy.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as an active member of the Product Line and Sales Division team
• Carry out continued in-depth market analysis, including benchmarking competitors, highlighting price points, promotions, trends and new products to market.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge, understanding and analysis of the market, our own products and our competitors’ products and positioning.
• Identify gaps and highlight opportunities to maximise range mix to Head of Product Line Kitchen working together to increase profitability, suggesting key models and price points.
• Research and recommend pricing strategies being accountable for volumes, ASP, share, price index and gross contribution within the UK and Ireland.
• Make proactive recommendations of opportunities within the area of responsibility, and execute agreed actions. Liaising with the European Category Managers to ensure our local cluster requirements are met within the European Product Management Strategy.
• Be the first port of call for support, communications and issues for specified product area
• Develop ranges for the market and ensure range selection and design coordination within each brand in line with other product categories and brand positioning guidelines.
• Contribute towards the development of business plans and budgets for product area in line with Regional and European Product Management Strategy.
• In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, take a lead role and establish a rolling 12 month activity plan to ensure the product area achieves its stated goals with fallback plans available.
• Evaluate promotions.
• Monitor and uphold brand position
• Create and develop structured and targeted feature/benefit argumentation in line with brand positioning and in conjunction with Marketing and the Business Development team, feedback market requirements into the Central Product Management team.
• Create Category presentation templates.
• Take ownership of new product launches, in conjunction with Marketing and Sales, to ensure successful ‘go to market’ strategies and launches in line with Local, Regional and European business strategies.
• Support range planning process
• Range On Line (ROL) data input
• Work closely with Sales Planning and Channel Heads to ensure forecast volume and mix of stock over 3-12 month period
• Proactively participate in Category Management projects with our strategic retail partners
• Ensure extensive cross-function coordination throughout the organisation
COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENTS
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS:
• Strong communication skills
• Financial and analytical skills
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills
• Hands-on approach, able to influence and negotiate
• Superb attention to detail
• Deep knowledge of products and features
• Familiar with European, centrally-led organizations in a matrix environment
• Technical Background in PM would be beneficial
• Leader, dynamic
• Blend of Operational and Strategic
COMPETENCY FRAMEWORK REQUIREMENTS:
As a communicator
• Convey information to all concerned clearly and convincingly and with self-confidence
• Are able to address external stakeholders in a professional and convincing manner
• Able to engage colleagues and managers to build strong networks
As a person
• Act with integrity, honesty and morale
• Are open and want to grow by learning and developing yourself
• Are accountable and take responsibility also for failures
• Are ambitious and truly motivated to perform
• Want to do what matters
• Are a true team player
As a team player
• Demonstrate ability to work alongside and within a strong team
• Good interpersonal skills on all levels
• Value and understand the individual needs of each member of the team
• Build relationships within the team that create trust, respect and honesty
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Find out more on: