Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Category Buyer will be responsible for coordinating activities involving the procurement of raw material supplies, or components used to manufacture major appliances at the lowest total system cost. You will drive activities that deliver on assigned end to end supply base simplification and productivity goals as well as process KPIs. In addition to delivering on necessary goals, you will support the commodity managers and act as a liaison between the factory and assigned suppliers. The responsibilities will include general communication/account management, supporting supplier qualification, and supplier accountability (measured to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets). You will also provide purchasing support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed. You will ensure maximum collaboration with the Commodity Team and implement the action plans within the PL, granting correct flow from factory into commodity organization and ensure execution of the sourcing activities and relevant information.
- Driving Direct Material Purchasing activity in the factory for the assigned components/service
- Provide input on production needs (e.g. volume increase) and report on possible bottleneck at operative level (e.g. production/tool capacity etc.)
- Ensure proper administration in the factory by maintaining right up-to-date administration: price index management, manage billing discrepancies in cooperation with central accountancy
- Participate and support in build-up of purchasing strategies ensuring their execution and helping to reach and record KPI result
- Developing good relationships with preferred suppliers with performance follow-up: ensure that the suppliers meet set agreements, and drive corrective actions when necessary
- Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers
- Continuously analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement while effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives
- Review and analyze materials supplied to identify more cost-effective opportunities
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BS Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- 3 years of progressive responsibility in a business function
- Preferred basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts
- Experience in project leadership and knowledge of material flow process
- Relevant experience in purchasing and/or supply chain and/or quality
- Proven track record of effective purchasing management in a manufacturing environment
- Preferred experience in suppliers process: cost drivers and supplier market/sourcing
- English, any other language is an asset