Category Director Cooking and Dish care appliances
APAC&MEA, the newly integrated Business Area of Electrolux Headquartered in Singapore encompasses rich and diverse emerging markets such as Australia, Africa, Middle East, China, Thailand, etc. The sector comprises of over 100 countries and 1000+ spoken languages.
Our Business area is a unique blend of cultures, festivities, ethnicities and cuisines. The way people cook care for their clothes and homes is different and unique as well. Which makes the job of our Product Line teams extremely exciting and challenging. A regular day at work would be to develop and innovate product offerings that create better experiences for our Multicultural consumers.
Today we have sold 5.3M products sourced and produced in 7 plants across South Africa, Egypt, Thailand, China and Australia thanks to our 8000 employees. This year we will be launching a host of new products including the new range of connected washers and dryers as well as our new Electrolux designed products to commemorate our centenary.
We are operating in a very multicultural region with varied cooking and eating habits. This is why the Food Preparation and Dish Care product line has one of the most diverse product portfolio ranging from a cooker with a kebab grille to steam ovens and BBQs.
Joining this Product Line will give you an opportunity to shape the business of the most profitable category in our Business Area with a strong growth potential. Working with Chefs offers exciting opportunity towards designing the next generation of cooking innovations. You will collaborate with Developers, Architects and Designers to understand the kitchens of tomorrow and offering an unmatched suite of complete taste related offering.
The position reports to the Vice President Food preparation and Dish care Product line, APAC&MEA. You will lead the Freestanding cooker, BBQ, Microwave, Table top and Dish care categories. It is the most diverse category spanning over multiple ranges from traditional to modern ways of cooking. There are many young and dynamic products with a high growth potential such as BBQ and Dish Care ranges. You will lead the business supported by a team of Category Managers and a Local Category Manager in profitable growth by delivering outstanding consumer experiences in Taste:
Great tasting food brings people together. We deliver new ways to eat tastier, healthier and more sustainably together with your family and friends providing a more modern and mindful way to experience food.
Regular day at work:
• Develop competitive advantages in Care experience
• Build the Gen Plan - run the IPP process, allocate capex and priorities R&D loading
• Oversee the product development flow
• Define the commercial agenda and deliver the yearly results
• Create the models catalogue and set pricing strategy
• Define strategic direction and ensure the readiness of the Commercial Launches for overall category
• Manage products life cycle for the overall category
• Build and lead a strong team of business leaders
You own the Category P&L results and your success will be measured in terms of NS , CTF margin, EBIT & Consumer Ratings as well as the way you collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Are Passionate about problem solving and delivering best in class consumer experience
• Have a consumer centric mind-set (Openness)
• Demonstrate tenacity and focus by continuously striving to reach goals and overcoming obstacles (Energy)
• Have an ability to lead and influence others (senior management, peers, team and multiple cross functional stakeholders) (Energy)
• Ability to understand complex situations and find a collaborative way to navigate through; to recovers quickly from setbacks and remained composed and focused in challenging situations. (Agility)
• Can manage complex and large amount of information and keep a big picture in mind (Agility)
• Cross-functional collaboration is key. Ability to listen and to network well as well as to synthesize multiple, diverse viewpoints into practical, scalable solutions is necessary to succeed. (Openness)
• Curious about new ways of doing things and challenges own thinking beyond current practice. Proposes new and original ideas, approaches and solutions to problems. (Growth)
Education and Experience:
• 15+ Years of progressive Experience in building a business and delivering commercial result in a Home appliances industry (Cooking related experience will be an advantage).
• Proven ability to operate in a large, complex organization and maximize the value of strong brands.
• Sound commercial experience as business development/sales/Marketing/Product Management closely supporting Sales force.As the role requires both a strategic vision and an ability to achieve concrete, market objectives and P&L targets, the key competencies are• Previous P&L responsibility
• Portfolio and Range Management
• Consumer insight emerging markets (MEA, SEA, China)
• Commercializing consumer relevant Innovation
• Effective story telling
We are a highly engaged team focusing on both mature and Emerging Markets and we would like you to join us!