The individual will take full responsibility for the management of the assigned Home care categories in APAC region. APAC is a key region in the Home care Business unit. The Grow and Eco categories are expected to grow fast and account for a significant portion of the APAC business. The delivery of a strong range and innovation agenda to the APAC region is key to ensure continuous growth of the business. The category refers to the hardware, software as well as services.
The Region is committed to strengthen the Regional Category Team in order to ensure the innovation agenda and a strong product ranging hence is looking for a strong individual to:
A) Drive and Deliver a strong generation plan for the category
B) Full category management
C) Support the development of GTM assets and drive the commercial triangle
The individual must possess strong commercial business sense with the ability to analyze or identify new business opportunities for the APAC region in related categories. Strong knowledge on market trends and competitors landscapes is pre-requisite to developing strong insights to the overall category landscape.
The role involves working closely with key stakeholders within the APAC regional team, sales companies, Global category teams, Project teams and Product Care/Quality function. Within the APAC regional team, this individual will work very closely with Product marketing, Supply chain, Quality and Finance team.
This is an individual contributor role where individual is expected to be resourceful to work independently to support the local countries, supported by key functions within the HC BU.
Drive and deliver a strong generation plan
• Work closely with the category team and take full ownership of the APAC product generation plan with a clear path to delivering relevant and innovative products for all key markets, aligned with HC global gen plan and APAC strategy and budget
• Analysis of market statistics and application of an in-depth understanding of dynamics, trends and competitor activity in the market place. The individual is required to update and present competitor analysis and market statistics when available or when is required to capture opportunities and define the action plans
• Be the expert in local product specification requirements (both hardware and software) and maintain detailed product specification tables
• Analysis of market data, consumer behavior, usage & attitudes, buying behavior, trends and competitor activity in the market place to identify opportunities (both hardware and software) for profitable growth and feed into the generation plan. Participate in learning plan. Ensure the regional input is taken into consideration in the development process of all projects.
• Working with the category team in defining & aligning the core projects to ensure continuing success and growth to capture market/trend opportunities in the region.
• Develop and drive APAC strategy for the assigned categories.
• Provide input & regional/local expertise for required product specifications, USP, price positioning, target consumer lifestyle, and consumer benefit to the category team.
• Connect category teams, countries, functions and projects to deliver projects on time, on cost, on quality and on volume
• Management of commercial business case for new project and launch timings, including working closely with the category team, sales companies and financial team.
• Identification of new product opportunities within the product group for APAC that are growing in trend or consumer habits. Work with the cordless category team to provide short term, annual & long term business forecast for responsible categories. Support launch events.
Full Category Management
• Regional Category P&L responsibilities. Define and drive the focused category and star products in the region to achieve the target
• Product phase in / out management with supply chain (including SKU rationalization)
• Regular pricing policy review and make recommendation to the countries
• Working with Global Product Care / Project Team function to execute all New Variant Requests (NVR) to ensure timely market launch.
• Working with supply chain for initial project ramp up forecast and quality / technical team to deliver product availability (certification) on time for market launch.
• Collection of all core product marketing support materials for new PNC creation and PS /ROL updates
• Actively support the Cost Efficiency Program (where it involves product cosmetic changes, FFF and features) and initiating proposals or ideas. Individual is responsible to communicate any form of changes and cost out initiatives to the local countries.
• Support to development of Brand / Marcom assets and drive the commercial triangle
• Working with regional product marketing director in development of PVP and 360 IMC for all projects.
• Support the creation of all B&M assets - new product IFU’s, packaging, quick start guides, product training guidelines, trade presentation materials, launch KIT and other sales materials where applicable, aligning with the PVP and AEC messaging.
• Commercial triangle: work closely with local sales companies and regional team to drive the commercial excellence in the region, ensure the budget achievement of the responsible category
• Support operational excellence working with Supply, Logistics, Quality and finance to identify and resolves issues with ongoing business
• Financial analysis and identify fast/slow movers for optimal planning
• Identify synergies across markets to find scale
• Support change, engagement, ways of working, capability building and improvement initiatives
• Identify and implement ways to simplify the range
• Actively support the Cost Efficiency Program (where it involves product cosmetic changes, FFF and features) and initiate proposals or ideas and following through with markets and project teams
• Work with C&A teams to improve C&A adoption and attachment rates
• Ad-hoc projects as they arise
Additional responsibilities outside of standard job responsibilities
• Individual is expected to action on items with a high level of urgency or to follow up closely on matters relating to the category growth
• A good business mindset – strong desire to excel and grow the category
• Focus on identifying key issues from the root cause, and determining optimal solutions
• When difficult challenges arise, connect the dots, connect the people and make it happen
• (Potential) Dedicated support to 1-2 markets
- Bachelor degree in Marketing / business / Finance / Communication preferred
- 8-10 years in product management/marketing in consumer goods/ technology industries
• Capability to collaborate and communicate with multiple stakeholders in Singapore and in markets.
• Strong Team player
• Attention to detail
• Strong at follow through and execution
• Customer Focus (internal/external) for new developments in the market based on strong customer insights
• Takes initiative, Is self-motivated and passionate
Other Requirements :
• Solid command in written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of other Asian languages will be an added advantage.