Purchasing & Sourcing
Electrolux is a successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environmental awareness govern all that we do.
Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Global Product Line Purchasing Category Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage , to promotecomplexity reduction ,simplification ,modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
- VBS process- Early involvement of the suppliers in new programs
- Supplier Development( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
- Sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
- LTA’s negotiations
- Suppliers Selection
- Cost Modeling analysis
- Innovation Prospection
- Develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
- Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for data research, analytics, and management of direct material category strategies.
- Support the development of annual budgets and 5 year strategic plans as well as identifying opportunities and risks.
- Generate initiatives and projects to deliver productivity targets.
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Provide indirect and collaborative leadership to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
- Participate, prepare, and support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
- Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction.
- Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas.
- Support Program Management on new model Launches and platform refresh programs.
- Address / support resolution to supplier driven performance issues
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
- Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
- Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
- Strong knowledge of direct materials categories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications