Purchasing & Sourcing
Category Managers are responsible to deploy and manage Global and Business Area direct material category strategies and initiatives by aligning with internal stakeholders, cross functional groups, and customers. This position provides purchasing expertise and support to various internal departments to drive value, profitability, innovation, and continuity of supply for the production of Food Preservation products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Global Category ownership for the Business Area.
- Develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
- Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for data research, analytics, and management of direct material category strategies.
- Support the development of annual budgets and 5 year strategic plans for the Business Area identifying opportunities and risks.
- Generate initiatives and projects to deliver productivity targets.
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Provide indirect and collaborative leadership to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
- Participate, prepare, and support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
- Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction.
- Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Area.
- Support Program Management on new model Launches and platform refresh programs.
- Address / support resolution to supplier driven performance issues
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- Work with the Global Lead Category Manager and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
- Create and utilize cost models to use in negotiations and to validate RFQ’s.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, business, or other related field, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
- Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
- Strong knowledge of direct materials categories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Some travel will be required (up to 30%)