Category Manager - Care & Wellbeing
Mascot, New South Wales
Create solutions that change how we change lives for the better.
As Category Manager, you will have the responsibility of building the strategy and delivering the financial objectives for your categories though:
· Strategic planning
· Commercial launch excellence
· Strong market understanding
A Typical Day
Working with the Director – Care & Wellbeing, you will build and execute the ANZ strategic plan for your categories through strong cross functional collaboration across the business.
You will ensure that local market requirements for your categories are reflected in the product generation plans owned by the business area product line.
You will engage in a range of activities that enable increased speed to market and operational excellence. You will spend time with our customers, alongside key members of the sales team. This forward facing interaction will provide value to our customer, providing specialist insights into our product and increasing brand confidence.
Work closely with finance to lead the development of commercial business cases for new product launch, general strategic planning and tactical initiatives.
You will be an active participant in the commercial triangle. (Marketing, Sales, Product Line) to ensure alignment across our commercial agenda, commercial launch planning and execution. You will also work closely with the demand flow team to ensure maximum efficiency in the S&OP process.
With the support of the Director – Care & Wellbeing you will prepare an annual strategic plan and have an active involvement in the category budgeting process. You will lead regular progress reviews with ANZ leaders and APACMEA business area though the monthly and quarterly meeting & reporting cycles.
You will manage the product portfolio lifecycle for your categories in-line with the broader strategic direction of the relevant adjacent categories.
You will take ownership of ensuring all system data inputs are delivered on time ensuring the broader business has the most up to date information concerning your product portfolio.
Who You Are
· You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a global organization in product management or sales
· You have a strong commercial and strategic mindset, with a keen business interest to drive profitable sales growth
· You possess a tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, Marketing or a related field
· You have proven history of delivering superior business results
· Your true passion for products and consumer driven innovation is evident in everything you undertake
· You are adaptable to change and thrive on new challenges
· Delivers results - Shows tenacity and continuously strives to reach goals, delivering good quality in a timely manner despite obstacles. Demonstrates a focus on achieving results and objectives. Consistently strives to meet or exceed expectations.
· Commercial and growth drive - Demonstrates a practical understanding of and focus on both short and long-term commercial and business issues. Makes decisions with scalable solutions for future growth.
· Judgement and decision making - Exercises good judgement in making decisions, considering all the available sources of information and alternatives. Expresses clear and rational reasons for taking a decision.
· Cross-collaboration and networking - Establishes and develops useful networks, both inside and outside the organisation.