Category Manager- Consumables & Accessories
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will be responsible for establishing and building the relationships with our Suppliers leading the Value Based Sourcing approach, being sure all the departments are aligned with our sourcing and category vision and road map for the assigned category. This role will have close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as OS Marketing, OS Product Lines, OS Sales, Legal, and Major Appliances Purchasing and Engineering teams to supports new product launches, implement cost out projects, and align OS purchasing team on global category strategies.
- Develop the strategic sourcing vision within scope, responsible to implement sourcing strategies and processes for supply in collaboration with Ownership Solutions product line team and key stakeholders from North America Business Area.
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas.
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- Work with the Product Lines and Business Area and Global Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns with OS Business strategy.
- Review and analyze supply base to identify cost-out opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Support the sourcing needs of new aftermarket consumables and accessories by interviewing and conferring with prospective suppliers to determine supplier capabilities, negotiate prices, delivery terms, and ensure best-in-class total cost sourcing solutions.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BA/BS degree in Business or Engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in purchasing, sourcing, category management with an international/global exposure is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
- Strong analytical, financial, and business acumen to include should-cost modeling.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration.
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria).
- Experience in project leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Understanding of cross-border shipment laws, tariffs, taxation, and time frames.
- Familiarity with supply chain and material flow (lead-times, tier-2 vendors, etc.).
- Bi-lingual, both English and Mandarin proficiency is preferred.