Category Manager Core
Change how the world lives. One product at a time.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to provide our consumers with a simply outstanding experience in Wellbeing, Taste, and Care; our products unlock consumers’ creativity and possibilities to create great experiences at home. In this challenging and exciting role, you’ll bring Electrolux to life where it matters most: with retailers, at the point of sale, in-store and online. To do that, you’ll work closely with Key Account Managers and customers to understand their needs and their environment.
It’s an ever-evolving landscape that is also highly competitive: what you do today will begin to deliver results tomorrow.
We are now looking for a driven, curious and passionate Category Manager to work with us within one of the business teams driving the foundation of our Home Care business. You will be part of our global business sector Home Care & SDA and based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Home Care consists of product categories such as corded vacuum cleaners, battery cleaners and air care products. In this role, you will focus on our floor & surface care corded cleaners and you will be closely connected to other functions such as sales, marketing, manufacturing and distribution.
A typical day
• You will support the Category Director in defining Category Strategy and implement the strategic plan for the category
• Support the Category Director in identifying business opportunities together with the regions
• Develop and maintain relevant product generation plan
• Be the Range owner (including specifications and start/stop dates)
• Make a holistic Make vs. Buy assessment
• Initiate new products/concepts development based on consumer needs, in close cooperation
• with the relevant teams
• Category representative in Product Development Projects
• Plan and implement launches according to plan with the regions/local organizations
• Track and assure Business performance according to budget and identify course corrections if needed
• Monitor and analyze competitor activity and market trends within the Category
Who you are
• Open – You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilising diversity and encouraging open feedback.
• Energetic – Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
• Agile – you work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
• A strategic-thinker – you can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
• Growth – you love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
• Ambitious. You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in product marketing and/or commercial areas (with product knowledge/ product management) and/or product development (ideally in more than one function)
• Strong experience in good project management, able to plan and prioritize.