Category Manager, Global Metal Transformation
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Within the Global Mechanical Organization, Global Category Manager has the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines. We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
- Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation
- Drive Supplier Development (automation, quality improvement, productivity increase) and LTA’s negotiations and payment terms extension (NOWC)
- Support sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders (Product Line, Quality, Manufacturing, Design)
- Manage Cost Modeling analysis, Value Based Sourcing and Innovation Prospection
- Developing and retaining strong relationships with suppliers while managing partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders working to improve sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team and generate initiatives and projects to deliver leveraged productivity performance cross Product Lines and BA’s
- Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction to maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas
- Work with the Product Lines and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements while identifying potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
- Minimum 3 years experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Minimum 3 years experience of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application of direct materials categories with a proven track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration with knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Digital technology experience including Microsoft Office applications and sourcing applications a plus.
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset