Category Manager, Global Packaging
Purchasing & Sourcing
Electrolux is a successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm.
Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environmental awareness govern all that we do.
Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers and consumers to reach the goals they desire.
Global Category Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Chemical Organization, Category Manager has the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses are to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models, Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers and engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developed social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
The Category Manager is responsible for:
• Global Category development and maintenance of portfolio of suppliers
• Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
• Supplier Development ( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
• Support sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
• LTA’s negotiations
• Suppliers Selection
• Cost Modeling analysis support
• Innovation Prospection
• Develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
• Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
• Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
• Generate initiatives and projects to deliver leveraged productivity performance cross Product Lines and BA’s
• Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
• Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
• Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction.
• Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
• Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas
• Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
• Work with the Product Lines and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
Reporting to: Program Director, Global Chemical
Education: University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electronics/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
• 5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
• Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
• Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
• Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
• Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
• Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
• Strong knowledge of direct materials categories.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
• Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
• Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Some travel will be required (up to 30%)
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.