Category Manager, Global PL Fabric & Dish Care
Purchasing & Sourcing
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
Category Manager Global PL Dish&Laundry Care
Position title: Category Manager Global PL Dish&Laundry Care
Business Sector : Global Operations
Global Category Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Purchasing Organization, Global Product Line Purchasing has the key responsibility of awarding new businesses, in close collaboration with the Global Categories.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developped social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment;
Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions / value creation.
• Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
• Leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
• Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
• Knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
• Knowledge of direct materials categories.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
• Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
• Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
As Category Manager for the PL Dish&Laundry Care, you will be in charge of:
• Managing business across multiple business areas;
• Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage , to promote complexity reduction , simplification , modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
• Value Based Sourcing process - Early involvement of the suppliers in new programs;
• Supplier Development ( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
• Sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
• LTA’s negotiations;
• Suppliers Selection;
• Cost Modeling analysis;
• Innovation Prospection;
Following a modularity approach, you will promote the reduction of complexity for the category and will strongly cooperate with the Supplier Development organization to drive increase of automation, improvement in quality and flexibility at suppliers.
The suitable candidate will:
develop a good relationship with key peers (Purchasing ,Quality, Product Line, R&D, Design, Operations);
hold the complete project relationship with suppliers;
actively contribute in meetings, projects and events;
foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into Electrolux organization;
plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities.
For the categories under her / his unique control (i.e. for which the control is not shared with Global Category Purchasing) , she / he will hold full responsbility of category budget and strategy and of supplier relationship management.
Reporting to: Global Product Line Purchasing Director
Education: University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.