Category Manager- Indirect Materials and Services
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position is responsible to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level on various assigned indirect material and service category strategies and initiatives. This position provides purchasing expertise and support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed.
- Represent the Business Area in the global category meetings and support the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area.
- Develops and implements sourcing activities.
- Determines the best in class PTP process for the various sub-categories.
- Leads internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team.
- Prepares and leads fact-based negotiation and supplier selection.
- Reviews supplier agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department.
- Leads contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues.
- Manages/evaluates contract compliance, data management, and supplier performance and takes necessary corrective actions.
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Assists in the implementation and expansion of procure to pay processes, procedures, and policies impacting assigned spend categories and works closely with the Accounts Payable department to roll out the online indirect materials purchase order system across all departments.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You seek out the opportunities and set about realising them with a customer first mind-set.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or another related field; MBA preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management, or equivalent leadership experience required.
- Experience in IT & Human resources is a plus.
- Proven Track record of delivering significant cost reductions.
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement changes.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact-based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration).
- Strong knowledge of indirect materials commodities: Marketing & Sales
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Some travel will be required (up to 20%).