Category Manager Logistics & Warehousing
Purchasing & Sourcing
European Category Manager Logistics & Warehousing
The Company & the sector
Electrolux is a successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with its headquarter in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world.
The Business Area Europe Purchasing counts a network of 98 colleagues of 12 different nationalities, that operates both at central and plant level and collaborate with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with with our internal business partners like: Sales, Product Line, Marketing, Logistics, Supply Chain, R&D, Manufacturing & Engineering, Quality, etc.
In our competitive world we build on long-term relationships with our suppliers, the best value for money, the most meaningful innovation and excellent quality with respect for our values. Our mission is to support the company in delivering on-time with perfect quality at the right cost, so that as a company we can live up to the expectations of our customers.
We are looking forward to welcoming in our team, individuals who go the extra mile and put their energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs.
An open minded and creative person, who:
- is a team worker, willing to take on new challenges,
- is capable to develop and take important business decisions,
- is ready to withstand the pressure and responsibility of her/his function,
- has excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
Category Manager Logistics and Warehousing is responsible to define and manage the purchasing of logistics solutions of finished goods, small appliances and spares parts for EMA and its affiliates in Europe, in close collaboration with Operation Logistics, Supply Chain and Sales to ensure best-in-class service level at competitive costs
Among the different areas of responsibilities you will:
- develop a good relationship with key peers & stakeholders (Purchasing ,Logistics, Supply Chain, Sales, Product Line, Operations).
- develop and implement strategies for sourcing warehousing and distribution services for EMA and its affiliates in Europe;
- hold the complete relationship with logistics & warehousing supplier base fostering standardization of the European contractual setup;
- plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities and tenders;
- actively contribute in meetings, projects and events to streamline and improve the European logistics network;
- search alternative and innovative logistics solutions to improve efficiency in customer satisfaction;
- manage KPI’s and ensure compliance to contracted terms both internally & externally;
- provide market insight and relevant information to the organization
- University degree; Specialties can range from Supply Chain, Logistics, Foreign trade, Economics to technical studies related to the area of scope.
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in purchasing, supply chain or logistics in a multinational environment;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment;
- Advanced listening and communications skills;
- Project management;
- Data driven;
- Result oriented;
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.