Category Manager - Marketing and Sales
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
This position is responsible to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level on various assigned indirect material and service category strategies and initiatives. This position provides purchasing expertise and support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed.
- Represent the Business Area in the global category meetings
- Support the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area
- Develops and implements sourcing activities
- Determines the best in class PTP process for the various sub-categories
- Leads internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Prepares and leads fact based negotiation and supplier selection
- Reviews supplier agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department.
- Leads contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues
- Manages/evaluates contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and takes necessary corrective actions
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Assists in the implementation and expansion of procure to pay processes, procedures, and policies impacting assigned spend categories and works closely with the Accounts Payable department in order to roll out the online indirect materials purchase order system across all departments.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Participates in pricing negotiation processes and uses creative ways to drive costs down through the establishment of long term agreements.
INSERT YOU SECTION
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, business, or other related field, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required, experience in Marketing & Sales is a plus.
- Some travel will be required (up to 20%)