Category Manager- Marketing Services
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level on various assigned indirect material and service category strategies and initiatives. You will provide purchasing expertise and support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed. You will represent the Business Area in global category meetings, support the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area and develop and implement sourcing activities. You will work to determine the best in class PTP process for the various sub-categories, lead internal and external analysis (industry and supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team as well as prepare and lead fact based negotiation and supplier selections.
You will manage supplier relationships with key suppliers, including agreeing and tracking SLAs & KPIs and review supplier agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department. You will work with the team to provide frequent and relevant reporting of supplier initiatives within travel trends and improvement potential within travel and budget tracking as well as relevant Communication with stakeholders. You will lead contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues and help to manage/evaluate contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and takes necessary corrective actions. From this, you will evaluate and renew contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and assist in the implementation and expansion of procure to pay processes, procedures, and policies impacting assigned spend categories and works closely with the Accounts Payable department to roll out the online indirect materials purchase order system across all departments.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Participates in pricing negotiation processes and uses creative ways to drive costs down through the establishment of long-term agreements.
- Defines, manages, facilitates and leads cross-functional sourcing teams by providing team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Manage relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects within the framework of the cross-functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationship / partnership with suppliers and track their performance by defining and implementing supplier performance evaluation model
- Collaborate with contract managers for supplier management activities in accordance to the supplier performance evaluation model
- Lead supplier development activities: set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost
- Initiate supplier audits, resolve supplier performance issues and identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations
- Align with local stakeholders to implement contract and ensure contract compliance by defining and implementing contract framework and tracking key performance indicators regarding contract compliance
- Create Service Level Agreements to mitigate business impacts vendor accountability and develop vendor Long Term Agreements to drive year over year cost productivity improvements
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, or other related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required, experience sourcing professional services and/ or Marketing & Sales spend is a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of focused Marketing Category Management.
- Experience delivering significant cost reductions with knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement changes.
- Experience and knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact-based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration)
- Experience and knowledge of indirect materials categories such as: Marketing & Sales services, contingent labor, travel, or engineering services
- Experience effectively managing strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications