Category Manager Transformation
Purchasing & Sourcing
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Within the Global Purchasing Organization, North
America, the Category Manager has key responsibility of developing and
maintaining a competitive, supportive, and high performing portfolio of
suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines. This position will provide
excellent growth experience with significant and highly visible value creation
- Work with Product Line Purchasing and Business Area Purchasing to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Product Line and Business Areas requirements.
- Provide collaborative leadership to the Product Lines Purchasing and Business Area Purchasing to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
- Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving.
- Develop the expertise in continuous improvement of sourcing methods, digitalization, tooling capability understanding, deep knowledge of the supplier industrial process, and financial situations.
- Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for data research, analytics, and management of direct material category strategies.
- Support the development of annual budgets and 5-year strategic plans for the Business Area identifying opportunities and risks.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Management, or Equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management, or equivalent leadership experience required.
- Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions, innovation, and overall value creation.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application and of direct material categories.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development, and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes, cost drivers, and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Expert in Microsoft Excel preferred.