Category Specialist, Global PL Fabric & Dishcare
Purchasing & Sourcing
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
Job area : Global Purchasing
Location: Susegana, Italy
Business Area : Electrolux Major Appliances Europe / North America / Latin America / APAC / MEA
Electrolux is a successfull international company, leader in the home and professional appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm.
Within its vision of shaping living for the better, Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
Global Product Line Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Purchasing Organization, Global Product Line Purchasing has the key responsibility of awarding new businesses, in close collaboration with the Global Categories.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developped social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
The Category Specialist is responsible for supporting the Global Lead Category Manager and Business Area Category Managers in the development & execution of a category strategy based around the Value Based Sourcing approach with deep and early engagement with suppliers, R&D and other cross functional stakeholders.
The suitable candidate will:
Support the Global Lead Category Managers and Business Area Category Managers in the development & execution of a category strategy, including the management of the business with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
o VBS process - Early involvement of the suppliers in new programs
o Supplier Development ( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
o Sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
o LTA’s negotiations
o Suppliers Selection
o Cost Modeling analysis
o Innovation Prospection
Develop a good relationship with key peers (Purchasing ,Quality, Product Line, R&D, Design, Operations) and actively contribute in meetings, projects and events;
Foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into Electrolux organization;
Provide indirect and collaborative support to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies, supplier performance improvement, etc.
Drive data analytics within the relevant categories, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implementation and track results
Participate, prepare, and support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance, identify potential contract improvmeent opportunities & re-negotiations, etc.
Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Area.
Reporting to: Global Product Line Purchasing Director
Education: University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Prefer 1-3 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment
• Experience in adjacent disciplines as manufacturing, research and development is welcomed;
• Adaptability to changing inputs and challenging situations;
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment, strong cooperation skills;
• Energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs;
• Interest in the future political and economic evolution, curiousity to explore the opportunities of the new world trends in sustainability, Internet-of-things, digitization and innovatve ideas/solutions;
• Must be detail oriented, analytical, organized, objective and able to prioritize
• Must be advanced user of Excel
• Able to analyze a massive amount of data, identify relevant information or trends within the data, develop conclusions that could lead to improved business decisions and organize the relevant data in a way that is easy for the customer to understand and utilize
• Able to lead multiple continuous improvement projects simultaneously
• System knowledge and experience: JD Edwards, MAPICS, Teamcenter Product Cost Management, SharePoint, SAP, Ariba, QlikView & Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, Minitab, JMP etc.
• Experience with cost regression analysis, cost modeling, etc.
• Experience with applying robotic process automation (RPA) or other artificial intelligence (AI) tools to drive business process automation and continuous improvement
• Experience with Powerpoint, along with good presentation & communication skills
• Adapt quickly to new systems and processes
• Knowledge of Electrolux business (desirable)
• Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.