Category Specialist - Global PL Food Preservation
Purchasing & Sourcing
Electrolux is a successfull international company, leader in the home and professional appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm.
Within its vision of shaping living for the better, Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
Global Product Line Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Purchasing Organization, Global Product Line Purchasing has the key responsibility of awarding new businesses, in close collaboration with the Global Categories.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developped social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
The Category Specialist is responsible for supporting the Global Lead Category Manager in the execution of the category strategy.
The suitable candidate will:
• Support the Global Lead Category Managers in the execution of a category strategy by:
o Supporting on Value Based Sourcing process;
o LTA’s preparation;
o Suppliers Selection;
o Cost Modeling analysis
o Promoting complexity reduction and semplification;
• Develop a good relationship with key peers (Purchasing ,Quality, Product Line, R&D, Design, Operations) and actively contribute in meetings, projects and events;
• Provide indirect and collaborative support to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies, supplier performance improvement, etc.
• Drive data analytics within the relevant categories, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implementation and track results
• Participate, prepare, and support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
• Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance, identify potential contract improvmeent opportunities & re-negotiations, etc.
• Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
• Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Area.
Education: University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Prefer 1-3 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment
• Experience in adjacent disciplines as manufacturing, research and development is welcomed;
• Adaptability to changing inputs and challenging situations;
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment, strong cooperation skills;
• Energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs;
• Interest in the future political and economic evolution, curiousity to explore the opportunities of the new world trends in sustainability, Internet-of-things, digitization and innovatve ideas/solutions;
• Must be detail oriented, analytical, organized, objective and able to prioritize
• Must be advanced user of Excel, identify relevant information or trends within the data
• Able to lead multiple continuous improvement projects simultaneously
• Experience with Powerpoint, along with good presentation & communication skills
• Adapt quickly to new systems and processes
• Knowledge of Electrolux business (desirable)
• Willingness to travel if needed
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.