Category Specialist, Global Purchasing Electrical & Electronics, Electronic Components
Purchasing & Sourcing
Global Category Specialist
Category Specialist - Electronics Components
Electrolux is a successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm.
Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environmental awareness govern all that we do.
Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers and consumers to reach the goals they desire.
Global Category Purchasing & the role:
Within the Global Electrical & Electronic Organization, The Category Specialist is responsible for supporting the organization in the development & execution of the category strategy, based around the Value Based Sourcing approach with deep and early engagement with suppliers, R&D and other cross functional stakeholders.
The suitable candidate will:
• Support the Global Lead Category & Category Managers in the development & execution of a category strategy, including the promotion of complexity reduction & global design optimization, cost modeling, cost regression analysis, global supplier consolidation & synergy, supplier development methodology, supplier innovation roll-out, etc.
• Develop a good relationship with key peers (Purchasing ,Quality, GC&T, Product Line, R&D, Design, Operations) and actively contribute in meetings, projects and events;
• Foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into Electrolux organization;
• Provide indirect and collaborative support to the IndOp purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies, supplier performance improvement, etc.
• Drive data analytics within the relevant categories, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implementation and track results
• Participate, prepare, and support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
• Manage and evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance, identify potential contract improvmeent opportunities & re-negotiations, etc.
• Assist in the implementation of supplier consolidation program .
The Global Category Specialist is responsible for:
• Global Category development and maintenance of portfolio of suppliers
• Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving :
• Supplier Development ( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
• Support sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
• LTA’s negotiations
• Suppliers Selection
• Cost Modeling analysis support, as applicable
• Innovation Prospection
• Develop and retain strong supplier relationships.
• Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
• Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
• Generate initiatives and projects to deliver leveraged productivity performance cross Product Lines, BA’s and GC&T
• Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
• Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
• Evaluate and propose actions and initiatives around simplification and complexity reduction.
• Participate in negotiations and use creative ways to drive value by the utilization of Value Based Sourcing.
• Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas
• Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
• Work with the Product Lines and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
Education: University degree (Electronics with Economics background is an asset)
Prefer 1-3 years of relevant experience in purchasing in a multinational environment
• Experience in adjacent disciplines as manufacturing, research and development is welcomed;
• Adaptability to changing inputs and challenging situations;
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment, strong cooperation skills;
• Energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs;
• Interest in the future political and economic evolution, curiousity to explore the opportunities of the new world trends in sustainability, Internet-of-things, digitization and innovatve ideas/solutions;
• Must be detail oriented, analytical, organized, objective and able to prioritize
• Must be advanced user of Excel
• Able to analyze a massive amount of data, identify relevant information or trends within the data, develop conclusions that could lead to improved business decisions and organize the relevant data in a way that is easy for the customer to understand and utilize
• Able to lead multiple continuous improvement projects simultaneously
• Experience with Powerpoint, along with good presentation & communication skills
• Adapt quickly to new systems and processes
• Knowledge of Electrolux business (desirable)
• Ability to travel 10-20% of the time if needed
As a plus:
• System knowledge and experience: JD Edwards, MAPICS, Teamcenter Product Cost Management, SharePoint, SAP, Ariba, QlikView & Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, Minitab, JMP etc.
• Experience with cost regression analysis, cost modeling, etc.
• Experience with applying robotic process automation (RPA) or other artificial intelligence (AI) tools to drive business process automation and continuous improvement
Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.