CFD Thermoflow Senior Simulation Engineer
MAKE IDEAS COME TO LIFE. GLOBALLY.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
Electrolux’s company purpose, “Shape living for the better”, expresses our commitment to offer our customers better experiences with our products. To make the difference, we want to develop innovative and sustainable home appliances. Group Technology Organization (GTO) plays a key role in delivering on Electrolux’s strategy and impacts all areas of the company’s business model.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in Porcia (PN) within the Global Tech Group Simulation Competence Center being part of a community of experts from all around the world.
If you’re a passionate engineer, simulation expert and with a strong drive for digital transformation, join our newly created Simulation Competence Center. You’ll be working in an international, cross-functional growing team leading CFD, FEM, EMAG and System engineering simulations with the goal of delivering better product experiences faster and with improved quality.
You will develop the most advanced and effective thermo-flow simulation CFD technologies and methodologies to support the systematic adoption of simulation in product development.
You will contribute to develop the best competence of thermo-flow CFD simulation in Electrolux
• Creation, validation, use and deployment of CFD models (fast, accurate, reliable and affordable) to improve technology and speed-up product development
• Drive technical activities in the CAE/CFD field to guarantee proper deliverables, timing, reporting, risk analysis
• Implement DOE, optimization and statistical analysis tools
• Contribute to technology road mapping
• Define specifications and drawings for prototype creation
• Test and contribute to adopt SPDM (Simulation Product Data Management) on thermo-flow analysis models (PLM, DOE, optimization and statistical analysis)
• Support to design, preparation and execution of experimental testing
• Generate and maintain CAD models
• Closely interact with Global Technology Organization Simulation Competence Center and Global Electrolux Simulation community to ensure a seamless and integrated delivery of project portfolio and overall simulation strategy.
• Work and collaborate in an international environment within Electrolux CXO, CO functions within all business areas
• Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field; PhD/post degree in Thermo-fluids field is a plus.
• 2 to 5 years of experience in similar roles.
• Strong competence on thermal fluids, and heat and mass transfer.
• Proven expertise of CFD CAE technology (Siemens Star-CCM+ preferred)
• Expertise with 3D CAD (CATIA preferred)
• Experience with project management (resources, timing, reporting…)
• Knowledge of statistics, DOE, optimization and quality tools
• Knowledge of FEM and structural analysis tools
• Knowledge of Model Based Design, System modelling
• Knowledge of experimental analysis in thermo-flow characterization
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux Group https://www.linkedin.com/company/electrolux/life/lifeatelectrolux
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.