Chemical Compliance Engineer
Chemical Compliance Engineer
Shape lives for the better from the inside out.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety
of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because
we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more
innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global
community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
Based in our HQ (Stockholm), you will be part of the product compliance team within Electrolux Product Sourcing area, and you will have a strong international exposure. Our main task is to ensure that all products are safe to use and meets internal Electrolux, legal, and other external requirements (e.g. customer requirements).
• Take part in new product development projects and product maintenance to secure that our products and its documentation meet latest chemical- and food contact requirements, internal as well as external.
• Take the lead in the area of food contact including Good Manufacturing Practice, to ensure that correct processes are in place and that our supplier meets our internal Electrolux requirements as well as regulatory requirements.
• Plan your workday independently in the implementation of an assigned task, to ensure that you deliver your task in a timely and professional manner. This includes specifying and communicating requirements and testing plans internally in projects and externally to suppliers, as well as perform reviews and verification of compliance documents.
• Work with well-defined processes and have the responsibility to continuously improve the process when needed.
• Be responsible for conducting supplier audits within the area of chemical compliance and food contact.
WHO YOU ARE:
• Open minded and eager to learn and develop your skills.
• Accurate and have high quality of your deliverables and understand the and importance of securing chemical compliance of the product.
• Expert in the area of food contact and GMP skills in perform and coordinate audits.
• Result driven, with strong organization skills and ability to coordinate and periodize many different tasks / projects at the same time and constantly deliver in time.
• Used to work in accordance with defined processes and to develop processes and internal guidelines.
• Collaborative, you build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply and share your knowledge and educate your colleagues.
• Problem-solver. You see challenge as opportunity and constantly improve our processes and ways of working.
• Strategic - thinker, with the ability to foresee the business consequences of your decisions.
• Critical thinker. You are able to understand logical connections and to reflect and challenge information independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Hold a master’s degree in chemical engineering or equivalent.
• Have at least 6-10 years’ experience of working in the area of Eu Food contact regulation, preferable within the area of household appliances or similar.
• Have at least 3-5 years of practical experience of securing chemical compliance (RoHS, REACH, POP, etc) for household appliances in an internal company.
• Competence in US FDA regulation is a merit.
• Competence in conducting supplier audits within chemical compliance and food contact/GMP is a merit.
• Advanced English (written and verbal).
• Good knowledge of IT especially Ms-office and excel.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Contact person: Samantha Losito Ponti