China Tax Manager
Business Unit – Finance – Taxation
Reports To – Finance Director
Your Team/Your Role
You would be responsible for all aspects of Tax function with focus on direct / indirect taxes and transfer pricing for China. Knowledge of customs is desirable but not essential. You will advise all legal entities operating on day to day tax matters in area of manufacturing, trading, and services. You will also be managing of tax audits, developing and implementing tax strategies, optimize tax cash flow through minimizing taxes and mitigating potential tax exposures, and involve in business and legal entity re-structuring projects.
A Typical Day
The candidate is expected to:
· Have in depth technical understanding and practical application of the tax regulations covering corporate taxes, indirect taxes and transfer pricing in China.
· Have experiences in legal entity/ business restructuring, new company tax registration and closure of legal entities/ branches in China.
· Have understanding on the application of double taxation agreements to various types of cross border transactions, such as service fees, royalties, dividends and etc.
· Be experienced in maintaining/building relationship with the tax authorities and have a successful track record in managing tax audits and various other negotiations (incentive application etc.).
This role will partner with the regional tax teams of Business Area APAC &MEA.
Who You Are
· Experience of working in a big 4 advisory firm along-with commercial industry
· Possess strong knowledge of regulatory and operational environment governing tax framework
· Experience managing business entity registration & de-registration
· Managed complex organization with multiple entities across mainland China
· A team player, exceptional interpersonal skills, and be able to work independently
· Assertive, self-driven, result-oriented, and able to pay attention to details
· Possess professional/post graduate accounting qualification with specialization in taxes
· Comfortable with leading a small team under a complex matrix organizational setup
· Ideally at least 8 to 10 years work experience in a multinational corporate environment
· Strong command of verbal and written English
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely