A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to
keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what
life at home can be. The Warehouse Lead is
a critical role within the Fairburn Warehouse operation and is required to
ensure the accurate and on-time receipt of inbound loads and outbound customer
shipments. Responsibilities for this role
include collaborating with all departments within the facility, the Electrolux
RDC Advocate Team, Electrolux Sourced Deployment Team, International
Transportation Team and Ryder Load Planners. This position requires close
communication with the operations team to ensure compliance with quality
standards, procedures, policies, deadlines, etc., and also helps in resolving
any issues. This position requires reacting to all management requirements with
a sense of urgency to ensure high service levels. This role includes
understanding the inventory layout within the facility, effective communication
with inbound / outbound clamp operators and carriers for pick-up and drop-off
schedules. This individual will also be
responsible for the effective use of WMS for the generating of pick-lists, put
away lists, load sheets and outbound BOLs.
- Work in tandem with various departments and maintain flexible attitude supporting all the work that helps achieving organizational goals.
- Provide leadership to staff by establishing clear expectations and acting as a role model and assist with planning, overseeing and participating in the warehouse operations and activities, this includes operating clamp truck.
- Coordinates unloading and loading of inbound/outbound shipments, orderly stacking of product and picking/staging of outbound shipments in accordance with EMS expectations (safety, quality and delivery).
- Direct efficient operation of the department and ensure procedures are documented and followed.
- Identify damaged and defective products and partner with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure that it is accounted for and has proper resolution.
- Make recommendations to the Warehouse Supervisor on programs to improve warehouse operations focusing on Continuous Improvement and Quality initiatives.
- Act as the primary trainer to new hourly associates and temporary workers, as serving as Safety Captain.
- Assist with monitoring daily KPI’s, Quality Metrics and Productivity administration is completed accurately and on time.
- Observe and identify performance behaviors and coach operators based on Electrolux expectations.
- Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analysing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 5-7 years’ experience of Shipping / Receiving responsibilities.
- Operational experience is preferred.
- Understanding of SAP.
- Experience working with variety of WMS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure independently and as part of the team.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on results.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Creative problem solver, ready to take ownership of assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP, Warehouse management systems, SAP, etc.
- Flexibility to work standard shifts as well as extended business hours depending on customer needs.
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck.
- Lift up to 50 + pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time.
- Having a good sense of balance and good eye-hand-foot coordination.
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.