Cleaning-Drying Laboratory Technical Leader
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The primary duty is to lead the design of new residential dishwasher cycles to meet performance and energy efficiency targets while balancing the requirements of safety, regulatory compliance, and reliability. Most of the work will be in new product introduction but may also include cost reduction and quality initiatives. The role requires working closely with a global technical team to ensure all interactions with software, mechanical, and electrical components are integrated into the functional development. A deep desire to learn, analyze data, apply engineering principles, and design creative solutions are essential to success. Electrolux is looking for an open-minded individual who takes ownership of assignments and works well within a team.
- Lead a team of engineers and test technicians in the development of residential dishwasher cycles for new product introductions.
- Obtain a deep understanding of the key factors in cleaning and drying dishes.
- Develop cycle routines and features through software code.
- Apply statistical tools such as design of experiment methodology to optimize cycle designs.
- Ensure product functionality meets performance and energy targets.
- Translate marketing and consumer requirements to technical specifications.
- Work closely with marketing to create competitor claims.
- Continually increase consumer review rating scores.
- Create test plans and technical specifications.
- Create new test methods and procedures when necessary.
- Deliver technical specifications for functionality and algorithms.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in new product development.
- Experience in a laboratory setting or testing environment.
- Experience with phase-gate project launch process.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, data acquisitions system, testing procedures, and data analysis methods.
- Six Sigma certification.
- Experience in software programming.
- Background in appliance product development.