Cloud and Backend Development Head
Open location, Location free
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
Cloud & Backend Development Head – Open Locations
You will be joining the Global Connectivity & Technology; we are a team of highly qualified engineers with strong industry knowledge, leading the development of connected products and related digital services for Electrolux. In short, bringing Electrolux in the IoT market.
You will define and set the strategy for Cloud and Backend Development. You will join and lead an international team in a multicultural and fast environment. For this job requisition, you can be based in one of the GC&T facilities in Sweden, Italy, Czech Republic, Russia or the USA.
• Drive a Global Team of Developers to deliver a solution in the area of Cloud (ECP) and Backend development.
• Contribute in a cross-functional environment in the development and release of key deliverables to enable the successful launch of connected products and solutions to production.
• Coach Team members and drive them operationally across the various priorities set cross-functionally
• Evangelize IoT strategy and team contribution to it.
• Define roles, recruit and retain team members.
• Inspire and motivate the team.
• Develop talent and succession.
• Measure and follow up with team satisfaction/employee engagement.
• Hold talent review meetings and individual performance reviews.
• Collaborate with Peers in a GC&T Management team to develop GC&T Strategy, objectives and priorities.
• Establish an Operations organization for Cloud And Backend Development to ensure QoS for consumers and team availability in line with sector expectations.
• Maintain and develop supplier relationships (mainly platform/service and consulting providers).
• Engage with business stakeholders in sectors and other global functions
• Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking to contribute to Strategy development and interaction with Business Stake Holders
• Applying a servant leadership model with principles, leading through leaders
• Excellent rhetorical/presentation skills
• Continuous feedback and transparency with team and stakeholders
• Remote leadership
• Strive to have a multi-skilled, heterogeneous and T-shaped team
• Drive focus and sense of urgency when required in the Team to enable successful deliveries.
• Excellence in creating trust with peers responsible for complementary infrastructural elements (i.e. mobile, connected modules).
• Excellence team player promoting the overall team results and the optimal system solution
• Networking capability with a capacity to inspire team member to feel comfortable
• Flexibility in adapting to different situation contributing to defining optimal results to complex problems.
Experienced in building agile software development organizations:
• Team composition models and optimizing for change
• Ability to combine Agile practices with more traditional PLM/Waterfall models utilized in Operations.
• Lifecycle management
• Well acquainted with Continuous Delivery & Continuous Integration and associated toolchain
• SCRUM/Kanban models for planning (experience as a Product Owner or Scrum Master beneficial)
• Micro Service based architecture
• Cloud computing and XaaS
• Big Data
Supplier / Vendor management:
• Executive sponsorships in business relations with suppliers
• Contract negotiation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Academic degree in Computer Science or similar.
• Experienced in leadership and building agile organizations.
• Good understanding of the principles of operation of a large Corporation is important to contextualize activities with the right purpose and way of implementation.
• Industry background from home appliances not necessary, but any experience from IoT and platforms/ecosystems beneficial.
• Having worked with 24/7 high volume service delivery platforms is merit.
• Having led through other leaders, preferably in a complex and international environment. Degree computer science / information technology / engineering.