Cloud & Data Center Infrastructure and Support Specialist
Challenge the way we do IT. For the better
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electrolux IT is responsible for the IT strategy of the Electrolux Group and how this is implemented throughout an extensive range of solutions, systems and applications that are fundamental for all of the Group’s operations around the world. The Data Centre Services team is part of the Global Operations organization within Electrolux IT and is responsible for providing server technical solutions and support, as well as day to day operations and system management..
This position is responsible for daily management and proactive monitoring of enterprise level systems including Environmental levels of the Data Center on an Hybrid context. Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly Data Center operational functions. The operator is the first line of defense for incident and problem management. This position works on shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for monitoring all system status IE: Windows, AS/400, AIX, Linux, Networks Switches, and Routers.
• Manages system backups and batch processing IE Robot Scheduler, BRMS, TSM,
• Access the Cloud Operations portal to view the cloud resources that the operators manage, and the provisioning tasks assigned to operators.
• Resolve errors that occur during provisioning or when modifying an existing virtual machine.
• Perform activities on behalf of cloud users: Change the state of a cloud resource to start, stop, or pause; terminate VMs; take and restore snapshots.
• Coordinates and communicates with all responsible parties and user groups for major system outages, notifications, and enterprise updates.
• Assist customers and other IT personnel (1st and 2nd level support).
• Address or escalate any critical alerts via automated notifications or by manual monitoring.
• Follow problem escalation procedures to address issues in a timely manner.
• Contact and work with 3rd party vendors and global users.
• Required High School Diploma on Information Technology/Computer Science, some college preferred
• Flexibility: Able to work on shifts to support a data center that operates on a 24x7 schedule.
• Automation and Event Management approach
• 2+ years of experience as a computer operator or system analyst a plus
• Really Good English Knowledge written and verbal
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Good Knowledge on Data Center infrastructure, security and connectivity
• Good Knowledge of main O.S. (Linux , Windows)
• Hypervisor Knowledge , 1+ experience a plus
• General programming experience in any scripting language on Windows & Linux environment
• Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
• Team player. You have strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively both with internal and external (offshore) partners remotely as well as under pressure.
• Proactive. Positive, flexible approach to delivery. You’re not just solving the tasks, you always think ahead and pro-actively drive change initiatives International. You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
• Clear communicator. You can easily communicate to different types of audiences and the ability to explain technical aspects in simple terms
• Curious. You have an endless desire to always improve projects and to get better at what you do.
• Autonomous. You thrive when given the freedom to create your own rules and conditions.
Italian, English, other languages are an advantage.