Cloud Server Administrator
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be leading the provisioning, configuring and maintaining the Electrolux infrastructure in the approved cloud provider solutions. You will maintain awareness of new products and services within the cloud providers as they are released by the cloud vendors and work with the cloud vendor support to ensure optimal functioning of the Electrolux infrastructure. You will also provide primary guidance for the on-premise virtualization solution (software and hardware) in cooperation with the team lead and other team members. This role will additionally support the team in installation, configuration and maintenance of the site’s server hardware and software. You will also assist with end-user support, primarily break/fix troubleshooting as needed as well as support other team members with escalation issues.
- Lead projects to Provision, Configure, Install and Maintain cloud-based infrastructure in Microsoft Azure and other cloud vendors as appropriate
- Utilize Service Now application to coordinate support activities and work closely with Server team lead on proposing new solutions and architectures for server environment
- Maintain awareness of new products and services from cloud vendors and make recommendations to team lead and IT Sr. Ops. Mgr for cloud and virtualization technologies and changes to ensure optimal functioning of infrastructure
- Manage virtual and cloud infrastructure performance to include SaaS and PaaS instances, and both cloud and on-premise IaaS virtualization
- Proposes solutions for escalations on server performance to include file servers, database servers, web servers, and domain resources
- Document all processes, including changes, in cloud and on-premise server related infrastructure including virtualization
- Perform account administration, file security, and resource allocation and security for the servers at the local site
- Document and maintain information relative to key technology vendors for server hardware and software
- Install and configure servers for the local site and perform backup and recovery procedures
- Lead or always participate in infrastructure related projects and commit to thorough documentation and knowledge sharing
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- 5+ years supporting Windows 2012 / 2016 /2019 Servers (Preferred)
- 2+ years progressively responsible technical support experience for end user computing
- Experience training end users
- Experience and knowledge in scripting languages to assist in automation projects