A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will become an integral part of the legal team in a stable, highly regarded consumer goods corporation. You will be assisting counsel with the contracting process, including planning, collaboration, negotiation, and execution as well as providing contract support for standard corporate agreements, such as non-disclosure, marketing, and independent contractor agreements. You will report to the Senior Associate General Counsel, and work with the other lawyers in the Legal Department.
- Preparing contract amendments to comply with legislation/regulations and other changes occurring during the contract term.
- Managing corporate record books, draft resolutions, and preparing and submitting government filings
- Assisting in-house counsel handling environmental and regulatory matters
- Assisting with bankruptcy and credit matters
- Coordinating implementation of pricing policies applicable to retail customers, including acting as Unilateral Minimum Resale Price policy coordinator
- Assisting with advertising claim review and substantiation maintenance
- Executing revenue-generating initiatives, including claims submitted to class-action settlement funds and recovery of unclaimed property
- Working with legal team members on special projects, initiatives, or other matters that may arise from time to time.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal studies certificate required
- 7-10 years of experience as a paralegal or similar legal role, with experience in a corporate legal department strongly preferred
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and/or managing contracts in a corporate legal department
- Experience working in MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in the manufacturing industry a plus
- Strong project management skills