Purchasing & Sourcing
The Commodity Manager is an essential member of the Supply Chain team and is positioned to support both our sourcing and manufacturing objectives as well as being a vital resource to R&D. This position is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies for key components and materials including supplier development and contract negotiations supporting both the Louisville and Rayong operations. In addition, this position will also be a dedicated resource providing sourcing support for all R&D projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop & maintain strategic and sustainable relationships with key suppliers to plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities.
- Establish current and long-term objectives, setting plans for the future, including the development of suppliers to meet our requirements for cost, quality, delivery reliability, new product launch, code of conduct and environmental compliance.
- Understand the tradeoffs between cost, volume, and quality in order to strike agreements that meet our performance criteria and secure long-term supply continuity.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of his/her commodity (value-added manufacturing processes and costs, reverse logistics, and market intelligence) and apply this knowledge to influence our future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Provide full sourcing support to the R&D team for new product develop and
- Develop a good relationship with key peers (Supply Chain, Quality, Product Line, R&D, Operations etc.).
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Engineering
- 4-6 years progressive Supply Chain Management experience including new supplier development, domestic and international contract negotiations, new product introductions and total cost management in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project)
- Demonstrated experience with the use of ERP systems and tools (BAAN, Oracle, JDE, SAP)
- ISM/APICS certification preferred
- Experience with UL/ETL/NSF is a plus, as well as ISO
- Strong ability to read and comprehend prints and specifications