Purchasing & Sourcing
The Commodity Manager will be responsible to establish a commodity strategy and a globally competitive supply base for Food Preparation Commodities. Through the use of EMA’s Purchasing Process, the Commodity Manager will drive activities that deliver on assigned end to end supply base simplification and productivity goals as well as process KPIs. In addition to delivering on necessary goals, the Commodity Manager will act as a central point of contact for assigned suppliers. The responsibilities will include new business awards, business shifts, general communication/account management, coordinating and driving supplier cross qualification, development and execution of regional and global negotiations, end to end supply base simplification, execution of value base sourcing and supplier accountability (measured to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must demonstrate extensive commodity/category management experience, sourcing knowledge (both foreign and domestic) and expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong supplier relationships global and domestic.
- Expert negotiation skills.
- Establish cross-functional teams to develop, plan and execute a commodity strategy that ensures a competitive landscape, sustainable supply, and globally competitive pricing.
- Develop and drive the supplier strategy to support qualification of new parts/materials and cross qualify new supply sources.
- Generate initiatives and projects to deliver on the required productivity targets.
- Establish strategic competitive supply chains based on total cost of ownership with consideration of globally competitive cost structures.
- Ensure EMA new product and/or component launches are consistently priced based on cost modeling tool.
- Engage with
cross functionaland global stakeholders to build trust, rapport andcollaborative partnerships.
- Proven track record of management and professional agility to serve and lead on key projects and initiatives as opportunities arise.
- Provide indirect and collaborative leadership to the site purchasing teams to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of the strategy as a business partner.
- Conduct supplier accountability meetings by evaluating them with respect to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Technology targets.
- Manage project timelines and values to support the overall cost-out goals for the purchasing organization.
- Responsible and accountable for
achievementof targets as defined by management and KPI’s.
- Support day to day Material, Quality, Legal and AP activities.
- Responsible for managing commodity spend at multiple factory locations.
- On-going evaluation of component costs vs. changes in the market (component costs, design changes, supply base footprint changes, etc.).
- Lead weekly connectivity calls with purchasing agents at all EMA-NA manufacturing facilities to drive cost-outs, supplier initiatives, pricing updates, Supply chain simplification, and alignment with the strategy.
- Support Advanced Purchasing on new product launches as required.
- Ability to understand, communicate and enforce Electrolux Home Products policy as it pertains to supplier and internal issues.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in purchasing/procurement
- Demonstrated command of complex sourcing, negotiating, and commodity strategies
- Evidence of excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance; MBA desirable
- Experience in business process reengineering and program/project management
- May require 15-20% domestic and international travel