Commodity Manager, Electrical & Electronics
Purchasing & Sourcing
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
The Group Purchasing
The group Purchasing is a network of over 400 professionals, sitting in different locations worldwide, connected by the same mission: Shape Living For The Better, in a Sustainable way. We strive to be Sustainable for the Planet, the Society and the Business; this value is at the heart of all our processes and products.
For our Suppliers we choose a Value-Based Sourcing strategy built on 360 Long Term Agreements, Supplier Earlier Involvement, Supplier Relationship Management, Innovation and Sustainability pillars. We build trust-based relationships that have the potential to grow and evolve together with our business.
The Commodity Manager role:
Within the Group Purchasing Organization, the Commodity Manager is the one with the key responsibility of developing and maintaining a competitive, supportive and high performing portfolio of suppliers to be utilized by the Product Lines. You are the one responsible to establish and build the relationships with our Suppliers leading the Value Based Soucing approach, being sure all the departments you cooperate with are aligned with your Purchasing vision.
YOUR DAY AT WORK
• Managing the business strategically with the objective to leverage, to promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving:
• Supplier Development ( automation, quality improvement , productivity increase )
• Support sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Global Domain Managers and key stakeholders ( Product Line, Quality , Manufacturing , Design ) .
• LTA’s negotiations
• Suppliers Selection
• Cost Modeling analysis support, as applicable
• Innovation Prospection
• Manage relationships / partnerships with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders.
• Implement improved sourcing methods, tooling optimization and capability understanding, supplier risk assessment
• Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Areas
• Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
• Work with the Product Lines and Business Area Category Managers to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Business Areas requirements.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
Education: Master degree in Electronics Engineering or a proven know-how in the area of Electronics is mandatory.
3+ years of relevant experience in Direct Purchasing, for technical components, with an international exposure is a must;
• Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels;
• Strong leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams;
• Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change;
• Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
• Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
• Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good cross functional working relationships.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results effectively
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
• Having a growth-mindset, being humble and open to learn is mandatory.
WHO YOU ARE
Team player. You empower collaboration across cross-functional teams.
Communicator you effectively communicate your ideas at all levels of the organization, and you are a great listener;
Result – oriented: you know how to prioritize your work, delegate if needed to meet deadlines.
Consumer focused; you source for the best resources and technologies, keeping in mind the great experiences we want to offer to our consumers;
Flexible. You can manage to change priorities with ease.
Ambitious. You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
Creative and with a strong passion for innovation; you like to experiment new approaches and solutions for better results;
Electrolux is a global employer with a platform for developing talent. Electrolux employs 55 million employees globally and there are many opportunities for those seeking career progression.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.