Commodity Manager- Indirect Material & Service
Purchasing & Sourcing
This position is responsible to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level on various assigned indirect material and service category strategies and initiatives. This position provides purchasing expertise and support to the various internal departments who utilize these assigned categories and support stakeholders in both vendor management and contract negotiation as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the Business Area in the global category meetingsSupport the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area
- Develops and implements sourcing activities
- Determines the best in class PTP process for the various sub-commodities
- Leads internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team
- Prepares and leads fact based negotiation and supplier selection
- Reviews vendor agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities
are approved by the legal department.
- Leads contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues
- Manages/evaluates contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and takes necessary
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Assists in the implementation and expansion of procure to pay processes, procedures, and policies impacting assigned spend categories and works closely with the Accounts Payable department in order to roll out the online indirect materials purchase order system across all departments.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Participates in pricing negotiation processes and uses creative ways to drive costs down through the
establishment of long term agreements.
- Defines and leads cross-functional sourcing teams Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Manage and facilitate the collaboration within the cross-functional sourcing team
- Manage relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects
- Within the framework of the cross-functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationship/partnership with suppliers and track their performance
- Define and implement supplier performance evaluation model
- Collaborate with contract managers for supplier management activities in accordance to the supplier
performance evaluation model
- Resolve supplier performance issues
- Lead supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to
improve performance and further reduce cost
- Initiate supplier audits
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations
- Align with local stakeholders in order to implement contract and ensure contract compliance
- Define and implement contract framework
- Track key performance indicators regarding contract compliance
- Create Service Level Agreements to mitigate business impacts vendor accountability
- Develop vendor Long Term Agreements to drive year over year cost productivity improvements
- Supplier Relationship Management with key suppliers, including agreeing and tracking
SLAs & KPIs.
- Frequent and relevant Reporting of supplier initiatives within travel trends and improvement potential within travel and budget tracking
- Frequent and relevant Communication with stakeholders
- Consistent review, implementation and application of local and global Travel Policy.
- Review and tracking of the Travel Booking process
- Coordination of the Corporate Credit Card program
- Review and tracking of the Travel Expense Reporting process.
- Conception and implementation of Meetings and Events strategy
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, business, or
, MBA preferred other related field
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven Track record of delivering significant cost reductions
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g.
negotiations and fact based team collaboration) cross functional
- Strong knowledge of indirect materials commodities: IT and Professional Services
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with
to build rapport and establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally ability
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Some travel will be required (up to 30%)