Commodity Manager Logistics Purchasing
Purchasing & Sourcing
European Commodity Manager Logistics & Warehousing
The Company & the sector
Electrolux is a successfull international company, leader in the home and professional appliances markets with its headquarters in Stockholm.
Our company is present in 60 countries and sells in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been in the market for almost 100 years and our success has to be attributed to the entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and Environment awareness govern all that we do.
Electrolux Major Appliances EMEA is our largest business unit.
With its 19.140 employees and operations in all European countries, we have a wide understanding of European consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
EMEA Purchasing & the role
Electrolux Major Appliances Purchasing is a fundamental contributor for the achievement of the company objectives. We approximately control a value of roughly 2.3 Bil € currently equal to +/- 60% of our Net Sales.
In our competitive world we build on long-term relationships with our suppliers, the best value for money, the most meaningful innovation and excellent quality with respect for our values. Our mission is to support the company in delivering on-time with perfect quality at the right cost, so that as a company we can live up to the expectations of our customers..We, 98 colleagues of 12 different nationalities, operate both at central and plant level and collaborate with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with with our internal business partners like: Sales, Product Line, Marketing, Logistics, Supply Chain, R&D, Manufacturing & Engineering, Quality, etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, Purchasing is sometimes quite challenging. We count on our well-developped social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day. For sure it represents a fantastic growth experience where you can learn from all the different activities we need to manage.
We are offering a long-term, full-time position as Commodity Manager Logistics and Warehousing.
We are looking forward to welcoming in our team, individuals who go the extra mile and put their energy in converting ideas and concepts into projects and actions to satisfy our customers’ needs.
An open minded and creative person, who:
• is a team worker, willing to take on new challenges,
• is capable to develop and take important business decisions,
• is ready to withstand the pressure and responsibility of her/his function
• has excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
Commodity Manager Logistics and Warehousing is responsible to define and manage the purchasing of logistics solutions of finished goods for EMA and its affiliates in Europe, in close collaboration with Operation Logistics, Supply Chain and Sales to ensure best-in-class service level at competitive costs
Among the different areas of responsibilities she/he will :
• develop a good relationship with key peers & stakeholders (Purchasing ,Logistics, Supply Chain, Sales, Product Line, Operations).
• develop and implement strategies for sourcing warehousing and distribution services for EMA and its affiliates in Europe;
• hold the complete relationship with logistics & warehousing supplier base fostering standardization of the European contractual setup;
• plan, organize and drive the best sourcing activities and tenders;
• actively contribute in meetings, projects and events to streamline and improve the European logistics network;
• search alternative and innovative logistics solutions to improve efficiency in customer satisfaction;
• manage KPI’s and ensure compliance to contracted terms both internally & externally;
• provide market insight and relevant information to the organization
All this while keeping Electrolux values and priorities in check.
2. Competencies needed
• University degree or equivalent through experience
• Specialties can range from Supply Chain, Logistics, Foreign trade, Economics to technical studies related to the area of scope.
2.2. Experience and skills required
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in purchasing, supply chain or logistics in a multinational environment
• Adjacent disciplines like planning and manufacturing are also welcomed
• Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural environment
2.3. Languages: Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.