Common Core Tecnologies - Metal Stamping Engineer
Metal Stamping Engineer - Europe
Ensure the implementation of best in class, standardized and optimized solutions for the industrialization of metal stamped and metal formed components for household appliances, with high attention to product Quality and manufacturing Cost. Areas of competence: metal stamping tooling, metal forming automatic lines, metal stamping presses and related automation.
As part of the Global Common Core Technologies Team, this is a position with transversal responsibilities, offering to the candidate the possibility of gaining experience across the different Product lines and Electrolux Major Appliance - Europe.
Key operational responsibilities:
- Be the reference person for the industrialization of metal components, with the role of Project Leader.
- Participation in manufacturing engineering projects within Electrolux Plants belonging to the European sector.
- Be the interface of R&D to perform the manufacturability analysis of New Products in the area of metal stamped and metal formed parts.
- Perform cost calculations for the production of metal parts.
- Analyze productive capacity of metal stamping and metal forming lines inside the factories and identify areas for efficiency improvement.
- Prepare technical specifications for tooling and metal forming equipment, including safety and environmental requirements, according to Global Manufacturing Engineering guidelines.
- Perform Business Case Analysis and Investment Requests.
- Be the interface with toolmakers and technical purchasing (CAPEX) during the complete acquisition and development process of new tooling and equipment. Prepare required documentation for supplier tender and Sourcing Board decision.
- Supervise tooling and equipment installation in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance.
- Propose technological innovations in the fields of competence.
Common Core Technologies – Europe Regional Manager
- Preferred: Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 4 - 5 years of experience in metal fabrication processes (metal stamping or tooling design, acquisition, start up, etc.) and/or experience with industrial equipment, specification and purchasing
- Knowledge of metal processability and formability.
- Willingness to travel abroad within the Electrolux Major Appliances – European factories.
- Good analytical and methodical problem solving skills.
- Project management skills and tools.
- Ability to work in multicultural teams, open and innovative mindset.
- Goal-oriented, persevering, focused on quality.
- Self - organized, able to share attention between short and long - term goals.
Friendly personality, open for cooperation with other people.
Italian (Fluent )
Mandatory advanced level of English (written and spoken)
Location: Solaro (MI)