Communications Manager, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
At Electrolux we are passionate about improving everyday life for millions of people and the planet. It’s embodied in everything we do. We believe that great tasting food brings people together. That our favorite clothes bring out the best in us. And that the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
We are now looking for candidates to join us on our mission - the key position as Communications Manager APAC&MEA. As such you are part of a skilled and dedicated team and responsible to manage and drive the employee, leader and external communications related to Electrolux in the region.
Together with the team you build awareness and engagement around the Electrolux company purpose, mission & brand. Together with a central team you develop communication practices and advice and support the senior leadership communications. You contribute to our internal company storytelling for employees through our world-class digital platform as well as to external audiences via the social, online and print media landscape. You work actively with reputation management, including issues and crisis communications.
In this role, you will play an important role to the communications journey of Electrolux APAC&MEA as it is considered emerging markets with great growth potential. The position offers a chance to interact with communication professionals around the world, business colleagues across the region and also enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of our regional office in Singapore where many different nationalities work daily.
Role & Responsibilities
The role delivers communications consultancy support and services to different the various functions and clusters within APAC & MEA. As part of a team he/she will participate in the development and implementation of international and local communication projects and activities in the region, including:
• Building and protecting the reputation of Electrolux by establishing good relations with key stakeholders
• Advising the business with an external perspective on how the businesses and decisions are perceived both internally and externally
• Leading and coordinating messaging through multiple channels and stakeholders
• Implementing Group Corporate Media Relations activities and tools in the region
• Driving and managing external communications and CSR initiatives and activities for the APAC region
• Building an understanding of the Group’s vision, values and direction, as well as Business Area goals and strategy among the employees
• Driving regional internal communications activities in line with the overall objectives
• Working in close collaboration with senior leaders on internal communications initiatives and campaigns, change management and strengthening the company culture
• Establishing operational objectives and work plans, and work in close collaboration with in-market peers on execution
• Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, external stakeholders and/or customers
• Consolidate media monitoring and communications reports as assigned
• Assisting in the management of media queries and complaints with the Electrolux regional office and sales companies in times of crisis; proactively drafting messaging as well as identifying and managing editorial requests and general queries
• Working on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives so as to ensure communication efficacy
Education & Qualifications
• Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, English or Social Science
Competencies and experience needed
• 8+ years of related work experience in areas such as corporate communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, etc
• Strong stakeholder management experience; maturity to engage with senior management teams and key external stakeholders
• ability to operate and work effectively across levels internally within the organization and cross functionally within a matrix environment
• the ability to get in-depth understanding of the company, its strategy, operations, business objectives and industry,
• proven experience in effectively communicating with senior executives and outside thought leaders to win support for programs. Strong collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively with other function and business sector representatives,
• solid experience from working in a regional role
• knows how to get thorough knowledge of audience key values and uses it to achieve communications goals beyond mere understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support,
• demonstrates effective persuasion and influence skills communicating with all levels both externally and internally. Builds constructive relationships across the organization and builds trust and rapport with external partners,
• credibility and gravitas in dealing with the media as a corporate spokesperson,
• proven experience in managing issues and crisis situations, and
• excellent written and verbal skills in English
We expect a convincing communicator with an open personality and outstanding strategic skills who is able to consistently deliver results in a multi-faceted, complex environment. Beyond classic media relations and communications methods, we also demand a genuine interest and understanding in the changes in the communications environment.