Communications Manager, North America
With ambitions like ours, we need a powerful voice to communicate our corporate strategy. As our Corporate Communications function continues to mature into its role as a driving force in the business, our team is finding opportunities to apply its skills and competences in different ways. As the Communications Manager for Business Area North America’s (BA NA) salaried employees, you will shape, influence and collaborate in order to communicate growth and change within the company. This role is based in Charlotte, NC.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
You will partner across the organization to find and tell strategic stories in a way that is memorable and concise. The job is to positively impact employees’ knowledge and improve their ability to do their work. You will be part of the BA NA Corporate Communications team where you will contribute significantly to support, develop and implement our strategy. We love innovation and are always on the hunt for a better way to tell our story. We’re counting on you to contribute innovative ideas too.
- Develop and implement communications programs and messages, driving them throughout our salaried teams
- Be a voice to -- and from -- our salaried workforce
- Be responsible for our great communication channels, creating and pushing daily content
- Serve as communications counsel across the organization
- Be the main point of contact for our Global employee communications teams and implement global communications programs across our North American teams
- Measure and monitor communication results
- Assist Corporate Communications teammates with external communications and community relations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field and have 5+ years of experience in relevant communications roles, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- You bring passion for the business, the highest integrity and you are a strong influencer
- You plan and organize your workload with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- You are excited about finding great business stories and can write about them creatively
- You have a “can do attitude” and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance through a process minded attitude
- You are a doer with a strong work ethic and inspire the same in others
- You build strong partnerships with the business and effectively collaborate with others to drive results
- The ideal candidate must have high energy, charisma and a positive attitude.
- You are great at establishing and nurturing a solid and sustainable network with peers and colleagues in an international environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.