As an Electrolux Communications Specialist, you will shape and influence how we communicate the company’s North American strategy and results. The right candidate will be a strong writer, who is particularly savvy about social media and employee engagement. Just as importantly, the right candidate is proactive with ideas and solutions.
This role is based in Charlotte, NC.
Typical Day at Work
You will contribute significantly to develop and implement our communications strategy.
You will partner across the North American organization to find and tell
strategic stories in a way that is memorable and concise. We love innovation
and are always on the hunt for a better way to tell our story. We’re counting
on you to contribute innovative ideas too.
In 2020, the North American business contributed to a third of the global sales. The region is investing nearly $1 billion to expand production capacity, modernize its factories and launch new innovative products in the U.S. and Canada. The investment will make the North American region one of the company’s most modern with its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.
In this role, you will report to the Head of North America Communications. The team sits in both the company’s North America and global HR & Communications organization with teammates in all regions of the world. One of the best parts about the role is working in a global environment with many diverse cultures and people.
- Communicate about the Electrolux business missions, purpose and strategy, and participate in internal communications strategy development.
- Responsible for creating engaging daily content such as articles, web content, employee app posts, social media posts and leadership messaging.
- Produce visual content such as videos, interviews, town hall presentations, talks, meetings, etc.
- Work closely with leaders and teams across both North America and the Group to communicate key company employer of choice initiatives such as community relations, sustainability, and corporate and employer branding.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Assist with external communications and community relations.
- Support crisis communications issues as needed.
- Measure and monitor communication results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- Ambitious, structured and results-driven communicator, who knows their craft.
- The ideal candidate must have high energy, charisma and a positive attitude.
- You are a doer with a strong work ethic and inspire the same in others.
- A storyteller who knows how to find and creatively shape the right stories to tell through pictures, text, and video.
- You are great at building relationships and collaborating across the organization, instilling trust and rapport with employees and management at all levels.
- You can balance a strategic view with day-to-day, hands-on deliverables.
- You can quickly analyze complex situations to determine where and how communications can help solve challenging business situations.
- You plan and organize your workload with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in relevant communications roles, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Adobe design skills and familiarity with Bananatag, SharePoint, Canva, and Office365 preferred.