Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
Component Engineer – Porcia, Italy
As Component Engineer, you will be committed to select, standardize and harmonize electronic components used in our electronics controls by the different product lines, maintaining and updating a common cross product line database based on a PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system.
As an integral member of Global Electronics Competences Center (GECC), which is belonging to Global Connectivity & Technology (GC&T) organization, you will provide your technical expertise in order to select the right electronic components working together and synergistically with Product lines R&D, factories Quality Departments and Global Purchasing Department (GCC). For this job requisition, the preferred location is Porcia (Italy) for
• Creation of cross product line
• Daily maintenance work on the database in order to update documentation, manage
• Understand and recognize the needs/requirements of all Product Lines and collaboratively develop a common road map for key components in agreement with GCC and GECC Competences Leaders.
• Leading cross-product line teams to standardize common ways of testing and qualifying components in order to use them globally.
• Continuously maintain and improve your knowledge about new market trends regarding electronics components and PCBA technologies.
• Negotiation and conflict resolution in cross-product line
• Innovative, flexible and
• Self-driven, methodical and Action/result oriented.
• Ability to work in an
• Respect of
• Willing to travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• MSc. or equivalent degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent field. BSc degree in combination with additional relevant experience will be also considered.
• Minimum five years of broad and relevant experience in an electronic controls engineering company or as
• Experience with a PLM system (experience with
• Experience with Cadence schematic entry and PCB layout tools.
• Experience in evaluation/audits of PCBA contract manufacturers and component supplier processes.
• Experience in electronic components testing
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements for electronic components (UL
• Knowledge of LED, LCD, and TFT display technologies.
• Willingness to travel.