Connectivity System Integration Enginneer
Santa Lucia di Piave, Italy
Global Technology R&D Electronics Food Preservation Team is announcing an opening for a Connectivity System Integration Engineer. The person will be part of the Global Firmware Software and Tools Development team, located in Susegana (TV), Italy.
Do you have electronics/IT background? Are you fascinated with connectivity and its revolutionary potential to change our everyday lives? Join us to shape living for the better for millions of people worldwide.
We are looking for a talented electronic engineer who will work on innovative projects with a strong focus on connectivity and IoT providing technical leadership and reference for all connected product projects inside Food Preservation R&D.
A REGULA DAY AT WORK
You will work cross-functionally with international teams. Your main duties will include:
• Support and perform integration tests on the product focused on the complete chain from a connected appliance to Mobile App.
• Responsibility to setup and control connected appliances for normative tests (internal or external laboratories) or field tests verifications and monitoring.
• Capability to manage Config File for Mobile Apps used for the customization of the different products.
• Configure, update and extend the App simulator.
• Capability to analyse and parse raw data provided in the cloud by connected appliances.
• Capability to perform tests and performance evaluations of different IoT systems like cameras (wifi, BLE) or connected accessories.
• Contribute to the development of the connected product test plan and support the creation of a test methodology for future connected product/accessories.
• Act as Technical Interface towards the relevant players on connectivity platform (IT, GC&T, Laboratory).
• Support on serialization process of the connected appliances inside the different factories.
• Actively interface plants and new products introductions, assisting manufacturing, quality and product care.
• Open-minded. You are a good listener who is brave enough to challenge your usual way of thinking.
• Team oriented. You know that success requires teamwork and value
• Good communication skills. You are able to tailor your communication towards different groups; you can express your ideas in a clear, structured way both to technical and not technical audiences.
• Creative. Innovative thinking is in your DNA.
• Proactive. You drive things forward; take initiative in order to achieve a common goal.
• Relationship builder. You are able to work in an international matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions of the organization.
• Willing to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor/Master degree in electronic or telecommunication engineering or computer science or similar software related education.
• 2-5 years’ experience in development and/or test of connectivity platforms.
• Experience in managing projects
• Fluent English mandatory.
• Italian is considered a plus
• Knowledge of Wifi, BLE, NFC protocols and other wireless standards. Experience of working with microprocessor architectures and wireless modules.
• Experience in developing IoT products and generally in projects interacting with mobile apps.
• Experience on the development of applications for mobile devices (Android, iOS, Windows Phone).
• Knowledge and experience in computer networks, internetworking, TCP/IP, DHCP Client/Server protocols and router configurations.
• Knowledge of software and networking security.
• Ability to quickly understand the functions and capabilities of new emerging technologies (HMI, Artificial Intelligence, etc..).
• Experience working with data transport protocols ex. MQTT
• Experience doing OTA (Over the air) firmware upgrade to devices.
Any of the following is considered a plus:
• Project leader experience
• Consolidated experience in product development and an introduction of new technologies
• Knowledge of developing software for embedded applications in consumer electronics
• Knowledge of C language programming for 8/32 bit microcontrollers (Freescale - STM - ARM M0, M4 Cortex are preferred)
• Knowledge of software repository tools (ex: Bitbucket, GIT, SVN, PTC,..)
• Knowledge of electronic hardware
• Knowledge of desktop or embedded Linux
Kindly provide your CV in English