Consumer Experience Insights Manager
Great food brings people together. Our clothes bring out the best in us. Healthy homes are places we thrive in. The mission of the Consumer Insights Manager is to have a deep understanding of our consumers so that we may create experiences that Shape Living for the Better.
Electrolux is a sustainable consumer experience driven company. Within APAC and MEA, a core focus is to position Electrolux for accelerated growth via consumer centric product innovation, design, and brand communications. The Consumer Insights Manager will play an integral role in reaching our objectives.
The Consumer Insights Manager will manage and grow a team of insights business partners tasked with using best practice research techniques and analytics to develop an understanding of our consumers, categories, markets, and brand positioning across our diverse region. The Consumer Insights Manager will play a key strategic role within the organization, ensuring Electrolux makes consumer lead and data driven business decisions.
A Typical Day
- Bring the perspective of APAC and MEA consumers to cross functional and global boards committees through Innovation research, Syndicated data, Shopper insights and through brand tracking as and when applicable.
- Manage and lead consumer experience insights projects for the Business Area across our portfolio of categories and brands to guide strategic decisions for product innovations, Gen-Plan, and technology roadmap initiatives based on those insights.
- Cultivate sustainable and strong cross-functional partnerships with key internal stakeholders from product line, design, R&D, and marketing by providing strategic recommendations, rooted in consumer insights, that promote total Category & Brand growth.
- Collaborate with Product Line, Product Marketing, Retail/Shopper Marketing and Sales to develop effective sell-in stories for new product launches that capture insight led consumer-centric benefits.
- Be able to understand the Product/Brand team requirement convert that into an actionable brief for agency to work (collaborate with the agency to identify appropriate research methodology)
- Provide Marketing team with guidance on target consumer segmentation analysis and a structured approach to campaign development and validation though product and claims testing.
- Partner with Product Marketing by providing a best practice approach in uncovering consumer benefit led commercial messaging to drive product awareness, interest, and conversion.
- Shape the long-term strategies for consumer experience insights within the Business Area in close association with Business Area Insight Director and Global Consumer Insights & Innovation team.
- Empower key stakeholders by storytelling actionable insights derived from complex research approaches and best in class qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Embed consumer centricity within the organization by developing a structured cadence for insight sharing.
- Own and manage insights learning plan for assigned categories, brands, and projects.
- Manage third party insight resource relationships and syndicated data sources along with overseeing the project budget.
- University degree (MBA preferred)
- Over 12 years of relevant experience – preference is to have worked internationally or regionally in APAC or MEA.
- Functional Knowledge like Conjoint/Max-Diff, Segmentation techniques and innovation/NPD studies are a must.
- Be able to understand and use syndicated data for Innovation requirement.
- Part of Insights team within a global consumer products company, ideally consumer durables.
- Proven track record of leading strategic business decisions through consumer insights.
- Strong relationships within insights vendor community to ensure best practice research approaches.
- Have experience working on Strategic planning and marketing.
- Innovation capabilities development experience.
- Background in Product Management, Innovation, Marketing, or Sales a plus.