Continuous Improvement Leader
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Continuous Improvement at Electrolux is one of our top strategic drivers in order to deliver outstanding and continuously improved customer & consumer experiences with a competitive cost structure. The North America Business Area (BA NA) utilizes the Electrolux Manufacturing System program in pursuit of operational and commercial excellence. In our fast-changing environment, there are significant opportunities to further apply and enhance use of EMS to deliver outstanding consumer experiences.
We are transforming our cooking facility with a complete overhaul of our operational footprint, optimizing production with exciting new technologies. This position will drive the application of lean principles, process and behaviors to ensure flawless launch of the new facility. The role will work with cross-functional teams including Plant Operations, Capex Purchasing, Quality, Global Manufacturing Engineering and Suppliers to ensure that launch, investment and customer satisfaction objectives are achieved.
- Lead, promote, and facilitate the use of CI / EMS within operational areas so that it becomes a "part of the culture" at the new facility.
- Support launch initiatives and strategic goal & objective creation to ensure high impact opportunities for lean process are identified.
- Facilitate standard creation to enable high performing teams to achieve superior SQCDP performance.
- Develop, and play a hands-on execution role in the EMS plan, linked to the business plan and strategic priorities with robust sustainable lean processes. Own the execution (impact, timeline and dependencies and sustainability of project results).
- Drive the education & development of CI skills, competencies, and effectiveness among key project stakeholders
- Drive Standardization and continuous improvement of the EMS/ CI principles, tools and practices.
- Identify automation / digital waste elimination opportunities and implement solutions to realize demonstrable efficiency.
- Increase employee engagement and involvement through simple daily CI methods.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering / IT degree preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Lean experienced required; Certification preferred
- Well versed in modern tools and methodologies of process improvement