Continuous Improvement & Project Manager
Purchasing & Sourcing
Electrolux is a
successful international company, a leader in the home appliances markets with
its headquarters in Stockholm. Our company is present in 60 countries and sells
in more than 150 markets with 55,000 employees around the world. We have been
around for more than 100 years and our success is attributed to the
entrepreneurial spirit of our people. We believe in exposing individuals to
challenging roles, offering them growth opportunities and empowering them to
make the right decisions. Our innovative culture created through people with
diverse backgrounds provides a framework for developing market-breaking
products. Respect and Diversity; Ethics and Integrity; and Safety and
Environmental awareness govern all that we do.
Electrolux has a wide understanding of consumers’ needs and desires. Through our “Taste, Care and Well-being strategy”, we want to design and produce innovative products and services, that help our customers to reach the goals they desire.
Global Food Preservation Product Line Purchasing & NA Business Area & the role:
Electrolux Major Appliances Global Purchasing is a fundamental contributor for the achievement of the company objectives. In our competitive world we build on long-term relationships with our suppliers, pursue the best value for money, the most meaningful innovation and excellent quality with respect to our values. Our mission is to support the company in delivering on-time with quality excellence at the right cost, so that as a company we can live up to the expectations of our customers.
Our 500 colleagues of different nationalities operate both at global and regional levels in an international and dynamic environment where we collaborate within a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners like, Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc. We rely on building a strong cross-functional collaboration. We focus on innovation, quality and development of, long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our relationship.
With the Value-based-sourcing (VBS) initiatives we drive, through the
involvement of key suppliers in the development stage, globally harmonized
technical and commercial solutions. By co-designing suppliers’ production
process and the components we want, we guarantee the best-in-class quality,
cost and flexibility for our customers globally.
The Continuous Improvement & Program Manager will be joining Global Food Preservation and NA BA organization for managing programs and developing projects to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and to lead cross functional projects to assure strategic objectives will be accomplished. In addition, this role will develop and maintain reports and tools to drive the continuous improvement activities within the Global Food Preservation and NA BA.
This position will also be responsible for driving improvement across the organization in increasing payment terms and improving working capital.
We are seeking a motivated individual who is looking for a challenge that
engaging in a total business can provide.
The Continuous Improvement & Program Manager is responsible to:
- Develop Projects to identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implementation and track results
- Lead initiatives for continuous improvement, team connectivity, communication and engagement with Food Preservation and NA BA supply base
- Develop and maintain reports and tools to assist the Purchasing team to track performance and improve their business decision making process
- Lead the purchasing efforts in identifying and onboarding suppliers into Supply Chain Finance program, as well as, ensuring connectivity with the Purchasing team, finance team, and senior management
- Track and analyze historic payment terms data, including providing weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Prepare and maintain reporting of budgeted payment days for current and future years.
- Direct activities of third party financing programs.
- Present and explain to suppliers the benefits, structure, and onboarding processes for Supply Chain Finance programs.
- Lead suppliers, third party financing organization, and internal purchasing and accounts payable team to onboard selected suppliers into Supply Chain Finance programs.
- Plan and conduct activities to quickly move suppliers from discount days to net payment days while minimizing any impacts to the organization.
- Work with the global team to ensure sector connectivity and coordination in dealing with third party financing programs and global payment initiatives.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned
- University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Project Management background is an asset)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in purchasing or project management and the following skills:
- The ability to execute strategic initiatives that drive performance and have experience leading complex projects. Must be detail oriented, analytical, and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with diverse individuals in cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Able to analyze data, identify relevant information or trends within the data, develop conclusions that could lead to improved business decisions and organize the relevant data in a way that is easy for the customer to understand and utilize
- Cost Modeling, Data Mining and have possess advanced Excel skills with the ability to generate effective reports that manage large data sets.
- Able to lead multiple continuous improvement projects simultaneously
- Expectant, positive, proactive attitude and ‘can do’ spirit to drive change and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance in a fast paced environment
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting deadlines with strong initiative and decision making, problem solving and analytical skills, with attention to details and accuracy
- Exceptionally strong work ethic, high integrity, judgement and transparency and you inspire the same in others.
- Some travel may be required; up to 25%
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset.