Continuous Improvement - Supply Chain Engineer
The SC Engineer is a key position and is responsible for various Warehouse process improvements, cost reductions, layouts, and leading or participating in various continuous improvement projects in the Warehouse network. This position is a hand’s-on role and responsible for engaging the site leadership teams to define and implement continuous improvements in line with organizational goals and objectives.
The SC Engineer will work with all levels of the organization on how to implement lean manufacturing practices and philosophies and serves as the Lean subject matter expert.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure continuous improvement initiatives support and drive the key business objectives that are in aligned with the sector goals and objectives.
- Lead the implementation of several improvement projects.
- Lead change management throughout the warehouse network.
- Provide guidance in best methods for material flow & scheduling based on best practice and utilization of product & process matrix and labor utilization.
- Drive permanent changes in culture to ensure continuous improvement in cost, quality, service, people, and working capital.
- Monitor warehouse KPI’s, identify operational gaps, initiate solution support, and recommend continuous improvement initiatives.
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships to improve processes and ensure balance of cost, quality, service, and people while implementing continuous improvement projects.
- Provide hands-on root cause analysis and problem solving to focus and direct improvement activities utilizing EMS tools and methods to close business gaps while managing organizational change.
- B.S. Degree in Supply Chain Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or other related Engineering Field
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading continuous improvement initiatives in a large warehousing operation including, cost reductions, process improvements, layout optimization, time study / standards development, Value Stream Mapping,
- Material Supply Processes, Logistics, Business Plan Deployment, and Material Handling best practices
- Well versed in modern tools and methodologies of process improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to effectively deliver on business results with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to influence others at all levels of the organization through collaboration
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven facilitation skills to lead challenging teams of cross-functional personnel demonstrated through hands on teaching and application of tools & principles
- Proven ability to work across functions and process teams to support implementation of value enhancement projects
- Strong bias toward action and mindset for continual process improvement
- Leadership skills including expert use of a multitude of problem solving tools and processes , with results orientation
- Leadership of individuals and teams with ability to set expectations and manage performance though effective feedback and coaching
- Ability to effectively lead and work under pressure
- Ability to process complex and linear thinking
- Exceptional project management abilities; experience in leading multiple large improvement projects simultaneously
- Superior mental agility, dealing comfortably and quickly with complex issues
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to travel 30-50% of time