Contract District Sales Manager
Kansas City, Mo
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will work to establish and expand relationships with targeted Contract customers in the assigned market(s) including builders, builder distributors, general contractors, architects, and multi-family/apartment replacement companies. You will help to develop and execute specific growth strategies for sales, margin, and market share. While servicing a geographical area you will plan and measure the growth and improvement of the territory by selling more profitable goods and builder contracts with extensive travel. You will also work to generate profitable, sustainable growth in assigned markets using Built to Win Strategy while making planned calls and chronicle the discussions and outcomes of the visits.
- Facilitate the success of sales, marketing, and promotional campaigns while demonstrating equipment and providing product application learning opportunities
- Facilitate payment of accounts-payable due Electrolux Major Appliances
- Be familiar with inventory levels and provoke adjustments as required as well as maintain displays as necessary for effective merchandising
- Be aware of and promptly report on competitive conditions in the market
- Represent Electrolux Major Appliances at trade and industry shows/appearances
- Control personal business expenses and submit timely expense reports
- Meet planned goals in all targeted categories and share successful selling techniques with colleagues
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- College Degree required
- 5 + years of Sales experience required
- Working knowledge of the Appliance/ Builder trade experience
- Strong merchandising experience and possess proven sales and closing skills, with competence selling indoor appliances to builder markets