Control System Engineer
ELECTROLUX R&D GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY AND TECHNOLOGY PRESENTS Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
CONTROL SYSTEM ENGINEER - Porcia (Italy)
For our R&D Global Connectivity and Technology Center in Porcia (Pordenone area, Italy) we are currently looking for a Control System Engineer.
If you are passionate about innovation, possess skills on automatic control, model base design with focus on embedded control algorithms and enjoy dynamic, international environment, join us and strengthen our Power Electronics, Simulation and Control Methods Team, which on everyday basis, supports all Electrolux product lines with the best-in class Control modules.
- Develop advanced algorithms using the Model Base Design approach to control systems including inverters for motor control, resonant inverters for induction heating, general system for domestic appliances applications (thermodynamic, electromechanical, mechatronic systems)
- Use Matlab / Simulink tools to simulate models and create algorithms
- Use Matlab / Simulink tools to automatically generate the C code of algorithms
- Integrate the C code automatically generated from Matlab / Simulink in the C code kernel deployed in electronic board for domestic appliances
- Debug and validate Algorithms using Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP), Processor in the Loop (PiL) and Hardware in the Loop (HiL), i.e. interface models with real time hardware
- Develop and Validate models of dynamical systems to be used in Simulation and during the validation with HiL
- Team oriented
- Good communication skills
- Proactive, take initiatives
- Fluent in English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in electric or electronic engineering, PHD in Information Technology/Control System Engineering is recommended
- Solid experience in similar role (5+ years), ideally in automotive or household sectors, robotics and plant automation
- Very good knowledge of linear and non-linear controls, dynamic systems, estimation, optimization
- Knowledge in system modeling and identification with data-driven or physics-based models
- Proficient user of Matlab / Simulink
- Knowledge of DSP / MICRO CONTROLLER, C language programming
- Knowledge of the Model Base Design approach
- Knowledge of the modeling techniques used for Simulation and HiL
- Knowledge of motor control algorithms
- Basic knowledge of electric motors, Inverters and electronics for household appliances
- Knowledge of other programming languages (LabView, Python,…) is a plus
- Industry and/or academic experience in control systems analysis, design, implementation, integration and verification is a big advantage
- In your career, you should have consistently designed and validated in practice, be it appliances or industrial automation controls, embedded control systems and/or process control algorithms
- Experience in at least one application domain relevant to Electrolux is a big advantage (e.g. motor control, induction heating, compressors, pumps, thermodynamic systems, etc.…)